Pentium CPU vs Intel Celeron CPU and the Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kirk lives!, May 2, 2004.

  1. kirk lives!

    kirk lives! Guest

    I installed a wireless mouse.

    The min.specs was for a Pentium CPU.

    My computer has Intel Celeron CPU. (I thought otherwise when buying the
    mouse)

    (my computer fullfills all the other min specs)

    The mouse seems to work ok until I have a few program running at once, at
    which point everything freezes and even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anyting - I
    have to switch off and reboot.

    Before installing mouse my computer rarely freezes, now it's almost every
    other hour.

    Being very clueless re: differences between different CPUs, could the
    installation of the mouse be causing this freezing? And if so, in laymans
    terms why???

    P.
    kirk lives!, May 2, 2004

  2. kirk lives! wrote:
    > I installed a wireless mouse.
    >
    > The min.specs was for a Pentium CPU.
    >
    > My computer has Intel Celeron CPU. (I thought otherwise when buying the
    > mouse)
    >
    > (my computer fullfills all the other min specs)
    >
    > The mouse seems to work ok until I have a few program running at once, at
    > which point everything freezes and even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anyting - I
    > have to switch off and reboot.
    >
    > Before installing mouse my computer rarely freezes, now it's almost every
    > other hour.
    >
    > Being very clueless re: differences between different CPUs, could the
    > installation of the mouse be causing this freezing? And if so, in laymans
    > terms why???
    >
    > P.

    Did you uninstall the previous mouse? There is a possibility
    that the old mouse driver and associated software could be
    causing this.

    It is unlikely that this is a processor issue.

    There is a possibility that the drivers supplied with the
    new mouse have bugs and getting the latest drivers from the
    manufacturer's web site is almost invariably worth doing.

    There is a possibility that the mouse wireless link is being
    affected by other wireless devices nearby (e.g. cordless
    telephone, cordless doorbell, cordless baby alarm, AV
    re-transmitter).

    Also there is a significant possibility that this is just
    conicidence. Do you have adequate anti-virus, anti-spyware,
    anti-intrusion measures in place?
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 2, 2004

  3. kirk lives!

    SgtMinor Guest

    Domain Name: NIGHT.COM

    Registrant:
    Up at Night Productions (NIGHT-DOM)
    P.O. Box 1166
    Higley, AZ 85236-1166
    US

    SgtMinor, May 2, 2004
  4. kirk lives!

    kirk lives! Guest

    kirk lives!, May 2, 2004
  5. kirk lives!

    SgtMinor Guest

    "kirk lives!" wrote:

    > ========
    >
    > Domain Name: NIGHT.COM
    >
    > Registrant:
    > Up at Night Productions (NIGHT-DOM)
    > P.O. Box 1166
    > Higley, AZ 85236-1166
    > US
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    >
    > =========

    www.night.com is a registered domain name, and I'm guessing you are not
    getting your emails there. Read the URL I posted to see if you can't
    get some ideas about munging your posting address so as to not cause a
    load of SPAM to be sent to uninvolved third parties.
    SgtMinor, May 2, 2004