    Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

    Alan.

    , Aug 25, 2007

  2. meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Fred Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    > Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

    I have Vista installed on such a system with dual channel RAM.
    It runs fine with a Windows Experience Index base score of 4.2 which is
    quite acceptable.

    from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/experienceindex.mspx
    "A computer with a base score of 4.0 or 5.0 is able to run all new features
    of Windows Vista with full functionality, and it is able to support
    high-end, graphics-intensive experiences, such as multiplayer and 3D gaming
    and recording and playback of HDTV content. Computers with a base score of
    5.0 were the highest performing computers available when Windows Vista was
    released."

    It is in fact the processor (calculations per second), that has the lowest
    sub-score of 4.2
    RAM is 5.2
    Graphics 5.9
    3D graphics 4.9
    Hard Disk 5.4
    That's not to say that you won't have any problems. There are a couple of
    older version programs that I use that don't function fully under Vista. The
    remedy would be to update to the latest Vista compatible versions of those
    programs.

    Fred, Aug 25, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Aug 25, 7:08 am, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    > > Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

    > You can d/load a tool from M$ to check your system
    > for compatibility.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/u...

    Thanks meerkat, I knew about this and used it to test my home PC
    before. This particular system I am inquiring about is not mine, it is
    listed on eBay and I am thinking of buying it.

    Thanks again.

    , Aug 25, 2007
  5. Guest

    Fred, thanks for the info.

    On Aug 25, 9:40 am, "Fred" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    > > Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

    > I have Vista installed on such a system with dual channel RAM.
    > It runs fine with a Windows Experience Index base score of 4.2 which is
    > quite acceptable.
    >
    > fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/e...
    > "A computer with a base score of 4.0 or 5.0 is able to run all new features
    > of Windows Vista with full functionality, and it is able to support
    > high-end, graphics-intensive experiences, such as multiplayer and 3D gaming
    > and recording and playback of HDTV content. Computers with a base score of
    > 5.0 were the highest performing computers available when Windows Vista was
    > released."
    >
    > It is in fact the processor (calculations per second), that has the lowest
    > sub-score of 4.2
    > RAM is 5.2
    > Graphics 5.9
    > 3D graphics 4.9
    > Hard Disk 5.4
    > That's not to say that you won't have any problems. There are a couple of
    > older version programs that I use that don't function fully under Vista. The
    > remedy would be to update to the latest Vista compatible versions of those
    > programs.

    , Aug 25, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Aug 25, 4:38 am, wrote:
    > Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    > Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.
    >
    > Alan.

    again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    it is listed here;

    http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p ,

    if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    especially with the included LCD.

    , Aug 25, 2007
  7. nobody > Guest

    wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 4:38 am, wrote:
    >> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    >> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Alan.

    > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    > it is listed here;
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p ,
    >
    > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    > especially with the included LCD.

    Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    nobody >, Aug 25, 2007
  8. Guest

    On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Aug 25, 4:38 am, wrote:
    > >> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
    > >> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

    > >> Alan.

    > > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    > > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    > > it is listed here;

    > >http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,

    > > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    > > especially with the included LCD.

    > Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    , Aug 25, 2007
  9. nobody > Guest

    wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    >>> and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    >>> it is listed here;
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,
    >>> if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    >>> especially with the included LCD.

    >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    > it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    > card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    > hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    > the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    I could be wrong, but that's probably an onboard Radeon 9100 (on the
    motherboard aka integrated video). It's actually not bad if you don't do
    heavy-duty gaming. I think it will run almost all of Vista's "eye candy".

    As for pricing. I'd say go for it. There may be better deals out there,
    but not many.

    nobody >, Aug 26, 2007
  10. Guest

    wrote:

    >On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >> > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    >> > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    >> > it is listed here;

    >> >http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,

    >> > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    >> > especially with the included LCD.

    >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    >it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    >card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    >hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    >the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    Only Vista runs DirectX 10, many video cards that are Vista ready
    (Directx10 capable) are now obsolete, with the release of 10.1

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41577
    Just a heads up.

    --

    Miss Teen South Carolina tries to say something.
    http://www.maniacworld.com/what-is-she-talking-about.html

    , Aug 26, 2007
  11. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >> > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
    >> > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
    >> > it is listed here;

    >> >http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,

    >> > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
    >> > especially with the included LCD.

    >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    > it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    > card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    > hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    > the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    The range of video adapters carrying the Radeon label is huge. Some were
    useless in XP, much less Vista <g>! You would need to know which chipset,
    not just the label. It's like saying a car is a Ford (which one - a 1972
    Pinto, or a 2007 Excursion?), or a system has an Intel Pentium processor
    (which one - Pentium 1, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, etc.). You would need to
    know which chipset, not just the label.

    So here's the questions you should ask the seller: is the video card
    replaceable? Or does the system have an AGP or PCIx slot for a video card
    upgrade?

    If you really intend to run Vista, you should also find out how the memory
    is currently configured. Vista pretty much NEEDS 2GB - is this system
    upgradable to that (or more)?

    As for the 3.0GHz HT processor, that should be fine, unless you consider
    yourself a "power user". I have that in my HP desktop, and I'm quite happy
    with it Having that with 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1650, - I'm getting a Windows
    Experience score of 4.2.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 26, 2007
  12. Guest

    On Aug 25, 8:38 pm, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    > > it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    > > card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    > > hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    > > the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    > I could be wrong, but that's probably an onboard Radeon 9100 (on the
    > motherboard aka integrated video). It's actually not bad if you don't do
    > heavy-duty gaming. I think it will run almost all of Vista's "eye candy".
    >
    > As for pricing. I'd say go for it. There may be better deals out there,
    > but not many.

    Thanks man, this auction still got six days, I'll keep watching and
    see where it goes.

    , Aug 27, 2007
  13. Guest

    On Aug 25, 10:59 pm, wrote:
    > wrote:

    > >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    > >it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    > >card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    > >hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    > >the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    > Only Vista runs DirectX 10, many video cards that are Vista ready
    > (Directx10 capable) are now obsolete, with the release of 10.1
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41577
    > Just a heads up.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Miss Teen South Carolina tries to say something.http://www.maniacworld.com/what-is-she-talking-about.html

    Don't know exactly what you are trying to tell me but I am not getting
    it! Don't worry, it is not you..it is me.

    BTW, that is a funny A** video! Did she win the contest?

    , Aug 27, 2007
  14. Guest

    On Aug 25, 11:33 pm, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > >> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

    > > it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
    > > card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
    > > hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
    > > the $399 bid price? Thanks.

    > The range of video adapters carrying the Radeon label is huge. Some were
    > useless in XP, much less Vista <g>! You would need to know which chipset,
    > not just the label. It's like saying a car is a Ford (which one - a 1972
    > Pinto, or a 2007 Excursion?), or a system has an Intel Pentium processor
    > (which one - Pentium 1, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, etc.). You would need to
    > know which chipset, not just the label.
    >
    > So here's the questions you should ask the seller: is the video card
    > replaceable? Or does the system have an AGP or PCIx slot for a video card
    > upgrade?
    >
    > If you really intend to run Vista, you should also find out how the memory
    > is currently configured. Vista pretty much NEEDS 2GB - is this system
    > upgradable to that (or more)?
    >
    > As for the 3.0GHz HT processor, that should be fine, unless you consider
    > yourself a "power user". I have that in my HP desktop, and I'm quite happy
    > with it Having that with 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1650, - I'm getting a Windows
    > Experience score of 4.2.

    Thanks, good info. I am still learning and I appreciate you taking the
    time to educate me. I will keep all these points in mind if I decided
    to go for it.

    , Aug 27, 2007
  15. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 25, 10:59 pm, wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Miss Teen South Carolina tries to say
    >> something.http://www.maniacworld.com/what-is-she-talking-about.html

    > BTW, that is a funny A** video! Did she win the contest?

    Gawd, I hope not <g>! I mean, I like blondes, but that one is just TOO
    blonde.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 27, 2007