    Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    Pentax rules the APS roost right now.

    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    RichA, May 3, 2012

  2. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Thu, 3 May 2012 14:55:31 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >Check out the RAWs. Yes, some are saying Pentax is cooking their
    >RAWs, but I don't see any problem with the resolution either. The
    >Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    >Pentax rules the APS roost right now.
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    They've now announced the K-30, a mid-range DSLR with the same sensor
    and various other features of the K-01. Whew!

    http://pentaximaging.com/dslr
    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentax-k-30/

    John A., May 22, 2012

  3. RichA

    Just Me Guest

    Le 2012-05-03 17:55, RichA a écrit :
    > Check out the RAWs. Yes, some are saying Pentax is cooking their
    > RAWs, but I don't see any problem with the resolution either. The
    > Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    > Pentax rules the APS roost right now.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    its a Pentax, who cares.

    Just Me, May 22, 2012
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Just Me <> wrote:
    >Le 2012-05-03 17:55, RichA a écrit :
    >> Check out the RAWs. Yes, some are saying Pentax is cooking their
    >> RAWs, but I don't see any problem with the resolution either. The
    >> Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    >> Pentax rules the APS roost right now.
    >>
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    >its a Pentax, who cares.

    Perhaps you should care, because Pentax seems to get better results
    from the same Sony sensors that Sony and Nikon use.

    The K-01 sensor is an updated version of the 16.1 MP sensor used in
    the Pentax K-5 and Nikon D7000 as well as several Sony models. The
    same sensor is used in the new Pentax K-30 DSLR. The results from the
    K-30 are a significant improvement over those from the K-5.

    Bruce, May 22, 2012
  5. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 22 May 2012 22:15:12 +0100, Bruce <>
    wrote:

    >Just Me <> wrote:
    >>Le 2012-05-03 17:55, RichA a écrit :
    >>> Check out the RAWs. Yes, some are saying Pentax is cooking their
    >>> RAWs, but I don't see any problem with the resolution either. The
    >>> Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    >>> Pentax rules the APS roost right now.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    >>its a Pentax, who cares.

    >Perhaps you should care, because Pentax seems to get better results
    >from the same Sony sensors that Sony and Nikon use.
    >
    >The K-01 sensor is an updated version of the 16.1 MP sensor used in
    >the Pentax K-5 and Nikon D7000 as well as several Sony models. The
    >same sensor is used in the new Pentax K-30 DSLR. The results from the
    >K-30 are a significant improvement over those from the K-5.

    But only 12-bit raws as opposed to the K5's 14-bit. Its image
    stabilization also is only specced to give up to a 3-stop improvement,
    compared to the K5's 4. (Both have rotational compensation, BTW,
    introduced in the K7.)

    Everyone's expecting them to come out with a successor to the K5
    before long, though, so no worries.

    John A., May 22, 2012