    under what circumstances I should change these settings.

    Thanks and cheers
    Alan
    Alan Kent, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Alan Kent

    TSimmons Guest

    Alan,

    At a guess...these settings affect "what the camera does to your picture
    after you have taken the shot".

    When you take a photo...the ccd captures the picture...then the camera
    processes this (raw) data. I guess it would use the settings "soft" when it
    processes the data....to produce a soft picture...where as the sharpness
    would increase the contrast (it bit like a photoshop filter).

    That's my interpretation of it anyway!

    So it's probably best to leave all the settings on normal/regular...then do
    the effects you want on your computer

    cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp