    Close to what I need if it has optical view finder.
    TIA,
    Tony
    Tony Hwang, May 27, 2007

  2. Tony Hwang

    Bob Williams Guest

    Tony Hwang wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Anyone using it? Does it have optical view finder?
    > How do you like it?
    > Close to what I need if it has optical view finder.
    > TIA,
    > Tony

    Nope! No optical viewfinder. And the screen is very difficult to see in
    full sunlight. To me it is amazing and unforgivable that manufacturers
    leave out an optical viewfinder.
    They load up newer models with noisy pixels which are practically
    worthless and leave out an optical finder which is very useful and adds
    significantly to battery life.
    Geeeezzz! How much could it cost to add an OVF?
    See what Phil has to say about it.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, May 27, 2007

  3. Tony Hwang

    Chuck Guest

    The big problem is to make the focus point the same between the sensor plane
    and the optical viewfinder.
    This was a long standing complaint with the rangefinding non ttl viewfinders
    used on many cameras over the years.

    Chuck, May 27, 2007
  4. Tony Hwang

    Bob Williams Guest

    Yes! Parallax is a serious shortcoming of OVFs in close up photography.
    The closer one gets, the more serious the problem becomes.
    However, at distances greater than about 10 feet, the problem is minor
    and for landscape photography it is a non-problem.
    Big LCDs are nice to view the shots you already took but in bright
    sunlight most LCDs are very difficult to use for accurate composition.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 28, 2007