    to decide if that was a result of the camera or me not being able to hold it
    steady because it's so small.

    - Scott
    Scott, Nov 17, 2003

  2. "Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:bp9mj1$h7e$...
    > It seems to be getting good user reviews, but there don't seem to be many
    > pro reviews yet. It's still pretty new. Anybody have impressions of it?

    I've got the 550, which I'm happy with so far (my first digicam).
    Mike O'sullivan, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Scott

    Jim Burke Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:20:39 +0000 (UTC), "Mike O'sullivan"
    <> wrote:

    >"Scott" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems to be getting good user reviews, but there don't seem to be many
    >> pro reviews yet. It's still pretty new. Anybody have impressions of it?

    >I've got the 550, which I'm happy with so far (my first digicam).

    I owned a 550 (same lens as the 555) for a month before I returned it
    because of its severe pincushioning at middle focal lengths.
    Surprisingly, wide angle and tele produced the least amount of
    distortion.

    I loved the manual controls, physical layout, and menu system, 5x
    zoom. The LCD uses continuous AF as default, and the battery life was
    still outstanding. Even the auto-exposure shots, in all light
    conditions. were great EXCEPT for the distortion in the middle focal
    range.

    I was sad when I returned it, but I found the distortion unacceptable.
    I'm now using a Sony DSC-V1, but it has other problemss. It's also
    going back to the store before my 60-day satisfaction time passes.
    Jim Burke, Nov 18, 2003