    the card...result?...made my card unreadable....now looking for a shareware
    program to try and recover my pics...and is this why Pentax have brought out
    the Optio 555... I wonder?
    Al Zheimer, Oct 26, 2003

  2. "Al Zheimer" <> wrote in message
    news:QkMmb.1826$...
    > Took photo then pressed the power-off button before the file was written to
    > the card...result?...made my card unreadable....now looking for a shareware
    > program to try and recover my pics...and is this why Pentax have brought out
    > the Optio 555... I wonder?

    Just to be fair, anytime power is lost (power off, batteries out, etc...) DURING a
    write to a FLASH card, there is a good chance that the file system on the card
    may become damaged. Various file recovery utilities will be able to recover much
    of what is on the card.

    Of course, that said, camera designs should not honor the "OFF" until the card
    has been written.

    --
    Dan (Woj...) dmaster (at) lucent (dot) com

    "When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
    While private eyes solve marriage lies cause we dont talk for years
    And football teams are kissing queens and losing sight of having dreams
    In a world where all we want is only what we want until it's ours"
    Dan Wojciechowski, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Al Zheimer

    Al Zheimer Guest

    > Just to be fair, anytime power is lost (power off, batteries out, etc...)

    DURING a
    > write to a FLASH card, there is a good chance that the file system on the

    card
    > may become damaged. Various file recovery utilities will be able to

    recover much
    > of what is on the card.
    >
    > Of course, that said, camera designs should not honor the "OFF" until the

    card
    > has been written.

    Dan...I agree that the camera should not power off while it still has a job
    to do...perhaps they have fixed this in the 555.
    Al Zheimer, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Al Zheimer

    PePe Guest

    Al Zheimer wrote:
    >> Just to be fair, anytime power is lost (power off, batteries out,
    >> etc...) DURING a write to a FLASH card, there is a good chance that
    >> the file system on the card may become damaged. Various file
    >> recovery utilities will be able to recover much of what is on the
    >> card.
    >>
    >> Of course, that said, camera designs should not honor the "OFF"
    >> until the card has been written.
    >>

    > Dan...I agree that the camera should not power off while it still has
    > a job to do...perhaps they have fixed this in the 555.

    Yes they have fixed this in 555. I have one.
    PePe
    PePe, Nov 16, 2003