    Apparently the Pentax Q mirrorless system will continue to be
    available. However, I wonder if any of those are still being
    manufactured given their very slow sales.
    Bruce, Feb 2, 2012

  2. Bruce

    Mike Guest

    On 02/02/2012 9:56 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > The new Pentax mirrorless offering is the K-01. It has a 16 MP sensor
    > and a body shaped by Australian designer Mark Newson.
    >
    > Alone among mirrorless cameras it adopts, unchanged, the mount of the
    > company's DSLR system. So there won't be any need for adapters - you
    > just mount your existing Pentax K mount lenses and off you go!

    I am not sure if a M42 screwmount will mount, Pentax did a pretty good
    job with that in the past.

    --
    Mike
    Mike, Feb 2, 2012

  3. Bruce

    Just Me Guest

    K01 = DOA
    Just Me, Feb 2, 2012
  4. Bruce

    Apteryx Guest

    On 3/02/2012 6:54 a.m., Just Me wrote:
    > K01 = DOA

    I was going with Pentax - KO'd

    Apteryx
    Apteryx, Feb 2, 2012
  5. Bruce

    Apteryx Guest

    On 3/02/2012 3:56 a.m., Bruce wrote:
    > The new Pentax mirrorless offering is the K-01. It has a 16 MP sensor
    > and a body shaped by Australian designer Mark Newson.
    >
    > Alone among mirrorless cameras it adopts, unchanged, the mount of the
    > company's DSLR system. So there won't be any need for adapters - you
    > just mount your existing Pentax K mount lenses and off you go!

    I'd say rather that it has its adapter built in and not removable or
    replaceable with other adapters. They have taken out the mirror, but
    left the mirror box!

    > Image quality should be very good as the sensor is the same Sony-made
    > CMOS device as in the excellent K-5 DSLR and also the Sony NEX-5N.

    Indeed it should. This is in effect a defective K5 stuck permanently in
    Live View. It is about $400 cheaper than a K5, but I think I would want
    a bigger discount than that for a K5 with that defect. In fact I can't
    imagine paying anything for a K5 with that defect.

    Apteryx
    Apteryx, Feb 2, 2012
  6. Bruce

    John A. Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:56:48 +0000, Bruce <>
    wrote:

    >The new Pentax mirrorless offering is the K-01. It has a 16 MP sensor
    >and a body shaped by Australian designer Mark Newson.
    >
    >Alone among mirrorless cameras it adopts, unchanged, the mount of the
    >company's DSLR system. So there won't be any need for adapters - you
    >just mount your existing Pentax K mount lenses and off you go!
    >
    >Image quality should be very good as the sensor is the same Sony-made
    >CMOS device as in the excellent K-5 DSLR and also the Sony NEX-5N.
    >
    ><http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/pentax_launches_iconic_16mp_k01_uk_price_news_311302.html>
    ><http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/02/Pentax_K-01_announcement>
    >
    >Apparently the Pentax Q mirrorless system will continue to be
    >available. However, I wonder if any of those are still being
    >manufactured given their very slow sales.

    No OVF. No EVF. No way I see using it handheld with any of the longer
    k-mount lenses that would fit on it.

    If they do this with 645 too it had better come with a dark cloth for
    landscape photogs.
    John A., Feb 2, 2012
  7. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >Bruce <> wrote in
    >> The new Pentax mirrorless offering is the K-01. It has a 16 MP sensor
    >> and a body shaped by Australian designer Mark Newson.
    >> Alone among mirrorless cameras it adopts, unchanged, the mount of the
    >> company's DSLR system. So there won't be any need for adapters - you
    >> just mount your existing Pentax K mount lenses and off you go!
    >> Image quality should be very good as the sensor is the same Sony-made
    >> CMOS device as in the excellent K-5 DSLR and also the Sony NEX-5N.
    >> <http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/pentax_launches_iconic_16mp_
    >> k01_uk_price_news_311302.html>
    >> <http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/02/Pentax_K-01_announcement>
    >> Apparently the Pentax Q mirrorless system will continue to be
    >> available. However, I wonder if any of those are still being
    >> manufactured given their very slow sales.

    >It's pointless. A mirrorless system with a registration distance the
    >same as their DSLR!!!!

    I agree that, technically, it seems pointless. It's a Pentax DSLR
    with the mirror box but no mirror. Must have been cheap to develop.

    The question is, will it sell? It won't sell many lenses!
    Bruce, Feb 3, 2012
  8. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    On Feb 3, 5:20 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > >Bruce <> wrote in
    > >> The new Pentax mirrorless offering is the K-01.  It has a 16 MP sensor
    > >> and a body shaped by Australian designer Mark Newson.
    > >> Alone among mirrorless cameras it adopts, unchanged, the mount of the
    > >> company's DSLR system.  So there won't be any need for adapters - you
    > >> just mount your existing Pentax K mount lenses and off you go!
    > >> Image quality should be very good as the sensor is the same Sony-made
    > >> CMOS device as in the excellent K-5 DSLR and also the Sony NEX-5N.
    > >> <http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/pentax_launches_iconic_16mp_
    > >> k01_uk_price_news_311302.html>
    > >> <http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/02/Pentax_K-01_announcement>
    > >> Apparently the Pentax Q mirrorless system will continue to be
    > >> available.  However, I wonder if any of those are still being
    > >> manufactured given their very slow sales.

    > >It's pointless.  A mirrorless system with a registration distance the
    > >same as their DSLR!!!!

    > I agree that, technically, it seems pointless.  It's a Pentax DSLR
    > with the mirror box but no mirror.  Must have been cheap to develop.
    >
    > The question is, will it sell?  It won't sell many lenses!

    Plus, the whole idea of mirrorless, that by nature (and adapters)
    allows the mounting of all kinds of lenses does serve to attract
    buyers who already own other systems than the one being offered. With
    Pentax, that is not going to be the case. They are "preaching to the
    choir" and it's a small choir.
    RichA, Feb 3, 2012
  9. Bruce

    Bob G Guest

    Those idiots who buy it will regret throwing their money away as soon
    as the KO2 shows up with a viewfinder. I give it two months.
    Bob G, Feb 3, 2012
  10. Bruce

    Peter Chant Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > It's pointless. A mirrorless system with a registration distance the
    > same as their DSLR!!!!

    I don't think it would be pointless if they could make one the size of an
    ME-Super etc. One would have hoped that DSLRs (or mirrorless) would shrink
    down to that size over time.

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk