    desirable) card speed. Thanks very much.

    Martin

    , May 24, 2008

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just bought a K20D and the manual says to visit the Pentax website
    > to determine memory card compatibility. Maybe it's there somewhere,
    > but I couldn't find it. Can anyone help, either with a URL or the
    > info? I'm interested in the maximum card size and required (or
    > desirable) card speed. Thanks very much.
    >
    > Martin

    According to their site
    http://www.pentax.co.uk/_uk/photo/p...gital slr&produkt=19385&id=technische_details
    it takes SD & SDHC memory cards.
    Mike.

    Mike Cawood, HND BIT, May 24, 2008

  3. Guest

    On May 24, 3:37 am, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <> wrote:
    > According to their sitehttp://www.pentax.co.uk/_uk/photo/products/index.php?cameras&gruppe=d...
    > it takes SD & SDHC memory cards.
    > Mike.

    I should have stated that I knew it takes SD and SDHC cards. My
    question related to the maximum size and required, or desired, speed.
    Thanks.

    Martin

    , May 24, 2008
  4. wrote:
    >On May 24, 3:37 am, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <> wrote:
    >> According to their sitehttp://www.pentax.co.uk/_uk/photo/products/index.php?cameras&gruppe=d...
    >> it takes SD & SDHC memory cards.
    >> Mike.

    >I should have stated that I knew it takes SD and SDHC cards. My
    >question related to the maximum size

    SDHC in the current version is limited to 32GB. To rightfully bear the
    SDHC logo an SDHC flash card cannot be larger and any device must be
    able to handle cards up to that size.

    >and required, or desired, speed.

    That very much depends upon _how_ _you_ are using the camera.
    Taking single photos once every few minutes and you are patient when
    downloading the photos to your computer? Then any speed will do fine.
    Using burst mode in RAW format? You certainly want a very fast card.
    Never patient with downloads? You want a very fast card and a fast card
    reader, probably even FireWire, SATA, or SCSI instead of USB.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, May 24, 2008
  5. Steve Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    In article <>, Jürgen Exner
    says...

    > That very much depends upon _how_ _you_ are using the camera.
    > Taking single photos once every few minutes and you are patient when
    > downloading the photos to your computer? Then any speed will do fine.
    > Using burst mode in RAW format? You certainly want a very fast card.
    > Never patient with downloads? You want a very fast card and a fast card
    > reader, probably even FireWire, SATA, or SCSI instead of USB.

    I guess the question is what the maximum read and write speed is for the
    K20D. Based on that information one could choose the fastest card (or a
    cheaper card if speed is not so important).
    --

    Alfred Molon

    When I bought my K20 from B&H I also got 3 8gb Sandisk Extreme III SDHC
    cards and they're working out fine. I believe the earlier poster is correct
    that if the camera says SDHC, it should handle any SDHC capacity.

    Steve

    Steve, May 24, 2008
  6. Pete D Guest

    <> wrote in message
    On May 24, 3:37 am, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <> wrote:
    > According to their
    > sitehttp://www.pentax.co.uk/_uk/photo/products/index.php?cameras&gruppe=d...
    > it takes SD & SDHC memory cards.
    > Mike.

    I should have stated that I knew it takes SD and SDHC cards. My
    question related to the maximum size and required, or desired, speed.
    Thanks.

    Martin

    Just get a couple or 4 or 8 Gig Class 6 units from Sandisk or Kingston or
    A-Data, they all seem to be pretty good.

    Pete D, May 25, 2008