    use those lenses on K mount cameras.

    thanks,

    Mojtaba

    mogh baba, Sep 28, 2006

  2. mogh baba <> writes:
    > Ii have a nice collection of pentax screwmount lenses which I use with
    > old manuel cameras. I would like to get a new digital camera and
    > naturally think to get a Pentax. Does anybody know if my old lenses
    > are compatible with K10 D? I have some lens adaptors which allow me to
    > use those lenses on K mount cameras.

    They will work fine but no "automatic" aperture, and you'll need to
    use stop-down metering.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

    Gisle Hannemyr, Sep 28, 2006

  3. mogh baba

    chrisu Guest

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

    > mogh baba <> writes:
    >
    >>Ii have a nice collection of pentax screwmount lenses which I use with
    >>old manuel cameras. I would like to get a new digital camera and
    >>naturally think to get a Pentax. Does anybody know if my old lenses
    >>are compatible with K10 D? I have some lens adaptors which allow me to
    >>use those lenses on K mount cameras.

    > They will work fine but no "automatic" aperture, and you'll need to
    > use stop-down metering.

    as did I - lots of good bayonet lenses plus 2 good film Pentaxs. To be
    honest (IMHO) you're better off starting again, both for camera choice,
    AF etc.

    I too wanted a pentax but when i looked at what was out there I went
    with a Canon as it was so much better (IMHO again).

    YMYC

    chrisu, Sep 28, 2006
  4. mogh baba

    Pete D Guest

    "chrisu" <> wrote in message

    > Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    >
    >> mogh baba <> writes:
    >>
    >>>Ii have a nice collection of pentax screwmount lenses which I use with
    >>>old manuel cameras. I would like to get a new digital camera and
    >>>naturally think to get a Pentax. Does anybody know if my old lenses
    >>>are compatible with K10 D? I have some lens adaptors which allow me to
    >>>use those lenses on K mount cameras.

    >> They will work fine but no "automatic" aperture, and you'll need to
    >> use stop-down metering.

    > as did I - lots of good bayonet lenses plus 2 good film Pentaxs. To be
    > honest (IMHO) you're better off starting again, both for camera choice, AF
    > etc.
    >
    > I too wanted a pentax but when i looked at what was out there I went with
    > a Canon as it was so much better (IMHO again).
    >
    > YMYC

    What things were so much better than the K10D and on what model? Which one
    did you buy?

    Pete D, Sep 28, 2006