    my M lenses, I'm going Canon 10D or whatever Canon has out (a rumored lower
    cost SLR??).

    bg

    BG250, Jul 23, 2003

  2. BG250

    Mark B. Guest

    "BG250" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I waiting on the *istD to come out. Last I heard was August?? I'm not sure
    > if it will accept pre A type Pentax lenses (supports the mechanical

    metering
    > link). Anyone heard?
    >
    > If the reviews aren't too great after it is released and/or it won't

    accept

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1028&message=5433079

    Mark B., Jul 24, 2003

  3. BG250

    BG250 Guest

    Thanks for the link. If I get the gist from the quick skim-through, It looks
    like the M and older lenses are not compatible with the metering,
    Unfortunately.
    bg

    BG250, Jul 24, 2003
  4. "BG250" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the link. If I get the gist from the quick skim-through, It
    > looks like the M and older lenses are not compatible with the metering,
    > Unfortunately.

    I have also read it - and - you might be right. But the thread
    at the forum came to no conclusion I think. Some said yes and
    some said no.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 24, 2003
  5. BG250

    Charlie Self Guest

    Roland Karlsson notes:

    >> Thanks for the link. If I get the gist from the quick skim-through, It
    >> looks like the M and older lenses are not compatible with the metering,
    >> Unfortunately.
    >>

    >I have also read it - and - you might be right. But the thread
    >at the forum came to no conclusion I think. Some said yes and
    >some said no.

    No one knows also was the conclusion I came to. They had a manual, quite
    probably not the final edition, to work from, and little or no other info, so
    there was speculation but no fact. Not exactly a superb basis for making a
    decision.

    Charlie Self

    "On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation
    in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does."
    Will Rogers

    Charlie Self, Jul 24, 2003
  6. leah (Charlie Self) wrote in

    > No one knows also was the conclusion I came to. They had a manual, quite
    > probably not the final edition, to work from, and little or no other
    > info, so there was speculation but no fact. Not exactly a superb basis
    > for making a decision.

    I have been looking at the Pentax web site - it says that the
    film *ist DO take Pentax K lenses.
    http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_specs.cfm?productid=01465

    I also have seen a press release for a pre version of *istD.
    This also says that the camera can take K lenses.
    http://www.pentax.com/news/news_display.cfm?pressid=152

    It is the cheap MZ-60 (ZX-60 in US) camera that only take KA and newer.
    http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_specs.cfm?productid=01459

    So - what this thread at dpreview was talking about I
    don't have the slightest clue about :)

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 24, 2003