    Regards,

    Corey Motel

    , Apr 2, 2006

  2. Paul Mitchum Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > For any 'DL owners...
    >
    > Does your camera operate on Alkaline cells (per the users manual)? Mine
    > won't (I get the blinking battery empty indicator), but it does seem to
    > be functioning on NiMH cells.

    I have a DS, and it operates on any AA batteries I toss in. There's a
    thing that happens sometimes, though... When using AA batteries,
    there'll be times when the camera tells you it's out of juice, and if
    you switch it off and back on, it'll work fine.

    > Can you describe the front-end play of the 18-55mm DA zoom lens? Mine
    > seems to be extremely loose.

    The 18-55 isn't exactly super-tight. Or at least, mine isn't, and it
    sounds like yours isn't either.

    Paul Mitchum, Apr 2, 2006

  3. Pete D Guest

    "Paul Mitchum" <0m> wrote in message
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> For any 'DL owners...
    >>
    >> Does your camera operate on Alkaline cells (per the users manual)? Mine
    >> won't (I get the blinking battery empty indicator), but it does seem to
    >> be functioning on NiMH cells.

    > I have a DS, and it operates on any AA batteries I toss in. There's a
    > thing that happens sometimes, though... When using AA batteries,
    > there'll be times when the camera tells you it's out of juice, and if
    > you switch it off and back on, it'll work fine.
    >
    >> Can you describe the front-end play of the 18-55mm DA zoom lens? Mine
    >> seems to be extremely loose.

    > The 18-55 isn't exactly super-tight. Or at least, mine isn't, and it
    > sounds like yours isn't either.

    Mone is about the same but it seems to work pretty well, I did however get a
    Pentax 16-45mm ED F4.0 and this is a much better lens.

    Pete D, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Guest

    Mine doesn't like anything but 2,500Mah nimhs!

    I hear that the batt. meter is flaky with batteries other than the
    types you use all the time.

    ie. if you use the included CRV3, the camera takes a while to resync.
    to AA nimhs.

    , Apr 2, 2006
  5. Cheesehead Guest

    My DS has no issues with AA Alkalines, except that they must be fresh
    or they'll run down immediately.
    (I used one set only one time out of necessity.)

    I sold my 18-55 immediately. They're slow and average. Not bad, but I
    wanted more.
    And already had more in my film lenses.

    Collin

    Cheesehead, Apr 2, 2006
  6. <> wrote:
    : Hello:

    : For any 'DL owners...

    : Does your camera operate on Alkaline cells (per the users manual)? Mine
    : won't (I get the blinking battery empty indicator), but it does seem to
    : be functioning on NiMH cells.

    Not a DL but my DS has no problem with AA style batteries of any type.
    There is a setting in the menu for battery type. This might help. One
    thought, I avoid batteries that the label wraps around the edge of the
    negative end of the battery. I have seen a few rechargable batteries (and
    I suspect other types) with an edge of this type. Thus the neg contact may
    be inset which could interfere with good contact with the battery terminal
    in the camera. The only batteries I have had problems with are some
    brands of CR-V3. Some brands have the contacts inset a bit further than
    others and so these brands may have problems making contact with the
    camera contacts if the camera contacts are lever shaped bent metal
    contacts (like my DS) rather than a pin post type contact.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Deep Reset Guest

    "Randy Berbaum" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote:
    > : Hello:
    >
    > : For any 'DL owners...
    >
    > : Does your camera operate on Alkaline cells (per the users manual)? Mine
    > : won't (I get the blinking battery empty indicator), but it does seem to
    > : be functioning on NiMH cells.
    >
    > Not a DL but my DS has no problem with AA style batteries of any type.
    > There is a setting in the menu for battery type. This might help. One

    Which version firmaware are you running on your DS there?
    I've got 2.00, and don't see any battery setting in the menus.

    Deep.

    Deep Reset, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Guest

    Thanks to all who responded. The camera seems to operate fine with
    2700mah NiMH cells. Perhaps the larger LCD screen, compared to that of
    the DS, is the reason why Alkalines don't seem to work.

    Corey

    , Apr 4, 2006