    pushing mid October and it appears that the camera has yet to be released.

    Anyone hear of late breaking news about it?

    John
    jriegle, Oct 8, 2003

  2. "jriegle" <> wrote in
    news:J7Ugb.173102$:

    > It was to come out in June or July and then got pushed back to
    > September. I've seen samples from pre-release cameras since late Sept.
    > Now we're pushing mid October and it appears that the camera has yet
    > to be released.
    >
    > Anyone hear of late breaking news about it?

    I've owned one for the last 15 days... See www.dpreview's Pentax forum for
    many other happy photographers. Its on mass sale.

    --Sophie
    Sophie Wilson, Oct 8, 2003

  3. jriegle

    Mark Roberts Guest

    "jriegle" <> wrote:

    >It was to come out in June or July and then got pushed back to September.
    >I've seen samples from pre-release cameras since late Sept. Now we're
    >pushing mid October and it appears that the camera has yet to be released.

    Where have you been? It's in the shops in the U.S., Australia and
    Britain (though it doesn't stay on the shelves long). Several people on
    the Pentax mailing list have them. One was a dedicated 67 shooter who
    was planning on phasing 35mm out of his life altogether; he decided to
    go to his local dealer just to see and hold the camera, ended up buying
    it and has become something of an evangelist on the list. That is to
    say, he really likes it a lot ;-)

    >Anyone hear of late breaking news about it?

    It's on all the major retailer's web sites available for order.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing
    Mark Roberts, Oct 8, 2003
  4. jriegle

    jriegle Guest

    Okay. I just didn't hear much about it lately and the local camera stores
    don't have it yet, while they have the D-Rebel.
    John

    jriegle, Oct 8, 2003
  5. jriegle

    Guest Guest

    The point here should be where are the comparison reviews... The camera has
    been release for an age and none of the major review sites have done a
    comparison of the current DLSRs.

    If someone knows otherwise, please post a link :)

    Guest, Oct 9, 2003
  6. jriegle

    Peter Bell Guest

    In message <J7Ugb.173102$>
    "jriegle" <> wrote:

    > It was to come out in June or July and then got pushed back to September.
    > I've seen samples from pre-release cameras since late Sept. Now we're
    > pushing mid October and it appears that the camera has yet to be released.

    I took delivery of mine on 23 september - very pleased with it.

    --
    Peter Bell -
    Peter Bell, Oct 9, 2003