    But in the UK I can only buy non-rechargeable CR-3V batteries. They
    only seem to sell rechargeable ones in France.

    Why is that?

    Neil Smith, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Neil Smith <> wrote:

    > I have a new Pentax iSt D and although it runs on 4 x AA batts I
    > prefer to use the 2x double-size CR-3v's. They have lasted much longer
    > of course.
    >
    > But in the UK I can only buy non-rechargeable CR-3V batteries. They
    > only seem to sell rechargeable ones in France.

    The magazine "Which Camera" has published a very comprehensive test of
    batteries last year. It included one rechargeable CRV3 (Samsung i-Pack,
    including the charger). "Which Camera" being a UK magazine, that means
    you should be able to find those in your country as well. However, the
    test also concluded that this battery is not the best in terms of
    performance. Sanyo and Ansmann NiMH (2200 mAh) AA batteries did better
    and are cheaper.

    --
    Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
    Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

    Johan W. Elzenga, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Neil Smith

    Neil Smith Guest

    lid (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote in message news:<1g8or8z.1bwl4l3ixxayoN%>...
    > Neil Smith <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a new Pentax iSt D and although it runs on 4 x AA batts I
    > > prefer to use the 2x double-size CR-3v's. They have lasted much longer
    > > of course.
    > >
    > > But in the UK I can only buy non-rechargeable CR-3V batteries. They
    > > only seem to sell rechargeable ones in France.

    > The magazine "Which Camera" has published a very comprehensive test of
    > batteries last year. It included one rechargeable CRV3 (Samsung i-Pack,
    > including the charger). "Which Camera" being a UK magazine, that means
    > you should be able to find those in your country as well. However, the
    > test also concluded that this battery is not the best in terms of
    > performance. Sanyo and Ansmann NiMH (2200 mAh) AA batteries did better
    > and are cheaper.

    Thanks, after a bit of searching on the web, I found two places in
    france that sold them and UK based Pixmania if anyone is interested.
    £50 for one battery and charger was a little steep i thought.
    Considering i needed two.

    Neil

    Neil Smith, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Neil Smith

    John Bean Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 14:24:39 -0800, Neil Smith wrote:

    > lid (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote in message news:<1g8or8z.1bwl4l3ixxayoN%>...
    >> Neil Smith <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a new Pentax iSt D and although it runs on 4 x AA batts I
    >>> prefer to use the 2x double-size CR-3v's. They have lasted much longer
    >>> of course.
    >>>
    >>> But in the UK I can only buy non-rechargeable CR-3V batteries. They
    >>> only seem to sell rechargeable ones in France.

    >> The magazine "Which Camera" has published a very comprehensive test of
    >> batteries last year. It included one rechargeable CRV3 (Samsung i-Pack,
    >> including the charger). "Which Camera" being a UK magazine, that means
    >> you should be able to find those in your country as well. However, the
    >> test also concluded that this battery is not the best in terms of
    >> performance. Sanyo and Ansmann NiMH (2200 mAh) AA batteries did better
    >> and are cheaper.

    > Thanks, after a bit of searching on the web, I found two places in
    > france that sold them and UK based Pixmania if anyone is interested.
    > £50 for one battery and charger was a little steep i thought.
    > Considering i needed two.

    If you don't know already, 7dayshop sell very reasonably priced Panasonic
    CR-V3s.

    --
    John Bean

    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
    better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce better
    idiots. So far, the Universe is winning (Rich Cook)

    John Bean, Feb 25, 2004
  5. John Bean <> wrote:

    > >> The magazine "Which Camera" has published a very comprehensive test of
    > >> batteries last year. It included one rechargeable CRV3 (Samsung i-Pack,
    > >> including the charger). "Which Camera" being a UK magazine, that means
    > >> you should be able to find those in your country as well. However, the
    > >> test also concluded that this battery is not the best in terms of
    > >> performance. Sanyo and Ansmann NiMH (2200 mAh) AA batteries did better
    > >> and are cheaper.

    > > Thanks, after a bit of searching on the web, I found two places in
    > > france that sold them and UK based Pixmania if anyone is interested.
    > > £50 for one battery and charger was a little steep i thought.
    > > Considering i needed two.

    > If you don't know already, 7dayshop sell very reasonably priced Panasonic
    > CR-V3s.

    Non-rechargeable, no doubt. But, I repeat: use rechargeable AA batteries
    in stead. That's a lot cheaper.

    Johan W. Elzenga, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Neil Smith

    Matt Yorston Guest

    lid (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote in message news:<1g9s0hd.1awavn8thx1yN%>...

    > > > Thanks, after a bit of searching on the web, I found two places in
    > > > france that sold them and UK based Pixmania if anyone is interested.
    > > > £50 for one battery and charger was a little steep i thought.
    > > > Considering i needed two.

    > > If you don't know already, 7dayshop sell very reasonably priced Panasonic
    > > CR-V3s.

    > Non-rechargeable, no doubt. But, I repeat: use rechargeable AA batteries
    > in stead. That's a lot cheaper.

    Has anyone any experience of the rechargeable CRV3's from here ....?

    http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_crv3r-k.htm

    They are in the UK.

    Matt.

    Matt Yorston, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Matt Yorston <> wrote:

    > > > If you don't know already, 7dayshop sell very reasonably priced Panasonic
    > > > CR-V3s.

    > > Non-rechargeable, no doubt. But, I repeat: use rechargeable AA batteries
    > > in stead. That's a lot cheaper.

    > Has anyone any experience of the rechargeable CRV3's from here ....?
    >
    > http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_crv3r-k.htm
    >
    > They are in the UK.

    No experiende, but I can read. Those CRV3-batteries have a capacity of
    1,200 mAh. A rechargeable NiMH battery can have a capacity of 2300 mAh
    and is A LOT cheaper.

    Johan W. Elzenga, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Neil Smith

    John Navas Guest

    In <1ga4yf5.1ebuh73127poscN%> on Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:11:12
    +0100, lid (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

    >Matt Yorston <> wrote:

    >> Has anyone any experience of the rechargeable CRV3's from here ....?
    >>
    >> http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_crv3r-k.htm
    >>
    >> They are in the UK.

    >No experiende, but I can read. Those CRV3-batteries have a capacity of
    >1,200 mAh. A rechargeable NiMH battery can have a capacity of 2300 mAh
    >and is A LOT cheaper.

    Due to differences in voltage, that's *not* a valid comparison.

    RCR-V3 (Rechargeable CR-V3 Lithium-Ion) batteries *outperform* 2300 mAH NiMH
    AA batteries in digital cameras, in addition to advantages of lighter weight,
    lower self-discharge, faster flash recovery, and better cold performance.
    See:
    <http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/rcrv3.html>
    <http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html#crv3>
    <http://www.thomas-distributing.com/rcr-v3-index.htm>

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Mar 4, 2004
  9. Neil Smith

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Johan W. Elzenga wrote:

    >>>Non-rechargeable, no doubt. But, I repeat: use rechargeable AA batteries
    >>>in stead. That's a lot cheaper.

    >>Has anyone any experience of the rechargeable CRV3's from here ....?
    >>
    >>http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_crv3r-k.htm
    >>
    >>They are in the UK.

    > No experiende, but I can read. Those CRV3-batteries have a capacity of
    > 1,200 mAh. A rechargeable NiMH battery can have a capacity of 2300 mAh
    > and is A LOT cheaper.

    I am afraid that isn't the whole story. The CRV3 (non-rechargeable)
    gives about twice the pictures of a pair of NIMH batteries, and the
    rechargeable is said to last about as long as the non-rechargeable, say
    300 pictures. The chemistry is different, so the actual working power
    may also vary.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 4, 2004