    Any clues?
    Cheers,
    Steve

    Steve, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Steve

    Somebody Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi guys,
    > I have just become the owner of a second user Pentax Optio 33L. It is
    > coming via eBay and the description on the auction listings says there
    > is no software included. I have been to the Pentax Help pages and
    > downloaded the USB driver and pdf manuals but I wondered if anyone
    > knew where I could get the original CD from?
    > All I can find out about it is that it contains something called
    > ACDEEE (sp?) and also software for doing panorama shots. Probably not
    > specific to this particular camera.
    > Any clues?
    > Cheers,
    > Steve

    To be honest I wouldn't worry about the very poor software that Pentax hands
    out with the camera. You are better off with something like Adobe Photoshop
    Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, etc. Second you don't need the USB driver.
    The only way you would need those drivers is if you intended to download the
    images to your computer from the camera. That is a slow and very poor way to
    get the images from the camera to your computer, that and it drains the
    batteries. What you want is a memory card reader that you plug in to your
    computer that you slide you memory card in to and copy the files to your
    computer that way. It is faster, puts less ware and tare on your camera and
    it doesn't drain the batteries.

    Somebody!

    Somebody, Jul 13, 2007

  3. Steve

    Jim Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    > I have just become the owner of a second user Pentax Optio 33L. It is
    > coming via eBay and the description on the auction listings says there
    > is no software included. I have been to the Pentax Help pages and
    > downloaded the USB driver and pdf manuals but I wondered if anyone
    > knew where I could get the original CD from?
    > All I can find out about it is that it contains something called
    > ACDEEE (sp?) and also software for doing panorama shots. Probably not
    > specific to this particular camera.
    > Any clues?
    > Cheers,
    > Steve

    Most likely it is ACDSE (sp?) which is a photo editing program.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 14, 2007
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Jim ... If that's all the acdse stuff is, I don't really need it. I
    already have lots of progs for photo editing. Thanks.

    Somebody ..... I already have a multi card reader that I use for other
    memory cards so it looks like I don't need the software after all.

    **Wipes fevered brow**

    Thanks for the info, guys.
    Steve

    Steve, Jul 14, 2007
  5. Steve

    Pete D Guest

    "Somebody" <> wrote in message
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi guys,
    >> I have just become the owner of a second user Pentax Optio 33L. It is
    >> coming via eBay and the description on the auction listings says there
    >> is no software included. I have been to the Pentax Help pages and
    >> downloaded the USB driver and pdf manuals but I wondered if anyone
    >> knew where I could get the original CD from?
    >> All I can find out about it is that it contains something called
    >> ACDEEE (sp?) and also software for doing panorama shots. Probably not
    >> specific to this particular camera.
    >> Any clues?
    >> Cheers,
    >> Steve
    >>

    > To be honest I wouldn't worry about the very poor software that Pentax
    > hands out with the camera. You are better off with something like Adobe
    > Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, etc. Second you don't need the
    > USB driver. The only way you would need those drivers is if you intended
    > to download the images to your computer from the camera. That is a slow
    > and very poor way to get the images from the camera to your computer, that
    > and it drains the batteries. What you want is a memory card reader that
    > you plug in to your computer that you slide you memory card in to and copy
    > the files to your computer that way. It is faster, puts less ware and tare
    > on your camera and it doesn't drain the batteries.
    >
    > Somebody!

    I may be wrong but I don't think you need the software to download photos
    with Pentax cameras, Canons is about the only camera that does not install
    as a removeable drive. The card reader is the only way to go though IMHO.

    Pete D, Jul 14, 2007
  6. Steve

    simon Guest

    all my 3 pentaxes
    download via usb cable direct from the camera - with the OS recognising them
    as removable drives...

    For pentax software and upgrades dont just rely on on regions website.
    The US pentax site has firmware upgrades and other stuff that does not
    appear on the Pentax UK site.

    however - I'd recommend not bothering with the pretty poor OEM software..

    --

    www.srsteel.co.uk
    http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama

    simon, Jul 14, 2007
  7. Steve

    Somebody Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Somebody" <> wrote in message
    >> "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi guys,
    >>> I have just become the owner of a second user Pentax Optio 33L. It is
    >>> coming via eBay and the description on the auction listings says there
    >>> is no software included. I have been to the Pentax Help pages and
    >>> downloaded the USB driver and pdf manuals but I wondered if anyone
    >>> knew where I could get the original CD from?
    >>> All I can find out about it is that it contains something called
    >>> ACDEEE (sp?) and also software for doing panorama shots. Probably not
    >>> specific to this particular camera.
    >>> Any clues?
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> To be honest I wouldn't worry about the very poor software that Pentax
    >> hands out with the camera. You are better off with something like Adobe
    >> Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, etc. Second you don't need the
    >> USB driver. The only way you would need those drivers is if you intended
    >> to download the images to your computer from the camera. That is a slow
    >> and very poor way to get the images from the camera to your computer,
    >> that and it drains the batteries. What you want is a memory card reader
    >> that you plug in to your computer that you slide you memory card in to
    >> and copy the files to your computer that way. It is faster, puts less
    >> ware and tare on your camera and it doesn't drain the batteries.
    >>
    >> Somebody!

    > I may be wrong but I don't think you need the software to download photos
    > with Pentax cameras, Canons is about the only camera that does not install
    > as a removeable drive. The card reader is the only way to go though IMHO.

    Then what did he download when he downloaded the USB driver? He either got
    it for the wrong OS (older Windows or Mac) or some form of driver is needed
    to get the OS to see the camera and allow you to copy photos from it. Now I
    agree that most cameras just show up as a drive when connected to a modern
    computer, but it is odd that there would be a USB driver.

    Even so the memory card reader is still a much better and faster way to go
    and does not put undo ware on the camera and the batteries all of which have
    a finite life span.

    Somebody!

    Somebody, Jul 14, 2007