Pens

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    Back in 1995 an elderly friend of mine had a money making scheme to purchase
    hundreds of boxes of inexpensive pens
    and to sell them at a profit. He borrowed some moey from me to help pay for
    his project...and never came up with the cash to pay me back. He ended up
    paying me what he owed me in pens!!!

    I had so many pens around the house that I'm probably the only person in
    history *not* to steal pens from work...but to actually bring them in.

    Well...the old guy is long ago dead...but his pens live on. Now, tweleve
    years later...I have opened up the very last box
    of those pens...There may be as few as 20 of them left around the house.

    Here's the full story

    http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/al young.doc

    philo, Apr 29, 2007

  2. philo wrote:

    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/al young.doc

    Only about 25 years ago I bought two gross of black Pilot ball point
    pens at Sam's Club. Not a damn one of them ever wrote a single line,
    they simply weren't capable (not PEBKAC I'm pretty confident). I still
    run across some from time to time. There might be 8 or 10 in one desk,
    15 or 20 in another. 60 or so in the bathroom.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 29, 2007

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/al young.doc

    > Only about 25 years ago I bought two gross of black Pilot ball point
    > pens at Sam's Club. Not a damn one of them ever wrote a single line,
    > they simply weren't capable (not PEBKAC I'm pretty confident). I still
    > run across some from time to time. There might be 8 or 10 in one desk,
    > 15 or 20 in another. 60 or so in the bathroom.

    Well the last batch of my pens...still wrote OK after sitting for 10
    years...
    I did have to scribble just a bit first.

    In a few years when they are all gone I'll have to resort to stealing them
    from work again <G>

    philo, Apr 29, 2007
  4. philo

    DemoDisk Guest

    "philo" <> wrote...

    > In a few years when they are all gone I'll have to resort to stealing

    them
    > from work again <G>

    2 or 3 dozen stick pens I purchased on sale from Office Depot or Staples
    won't write w/o skipping. Can't even give em away.

    Must be Murphy's Law that dictates, "The pen you buy will not write as
    well as the one at the post office/bank or the one the checkout girl
    uses."

    DemoDisk, Apr 30, 2007
  5. philo

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:36:44 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "DemoDisk" <>, intended to write something
    intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >"philo" <> wrote...
    >
    >> In a few years when they are all gone I'll have to resort to stealing

    >them
    >> from work again <G>

    >2 or 3 dozen stick pens I purchased on sale from Office Depot or Staples
    >won't write w/o skipping. Can't even give em away.
    >
    >Must be Murphy's Law that dictates, "The pen you buy will not write as
    >well as the one at the post office/bank or the one the checkout girl
    >uses."

    I foolishly purchased thousands of steel shoehorns from a shoe store
    that was going out of business. Many windchimes later I just tossed
    the whole lot out.

    Frosty, May 1, 2007
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    > >2 or 3 dozen stick pens I purchased on sale from Office Depot or Staples
    > >won't write w/o skipping. Can't even give em away.
    > >
    > >Must be Murphy's Law that dictates, "The pen you buy will not write as
    > >well as the one at the post office/bank or the one the checkout girl
    > >uses."
    > >

    > I foolishly purchased thousands of steel shoehorns from a shoe store
    > that was going out of business. Many windchimes later I just tossed
    > the whole lot out.

    Maybe you could have made one huge windchime and set a record of some
    type<G>

    philo, May 1, 2007
  7. philo

    Frosty Guest

    On Tue, 1 May 2007 15:16:55 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "philo"
    instead wrote :

    >> >2 or 3 dozen stick pens I purchased on sale from Office Depot or Staples
    >> >won't write w/o skipping. Can't even give em away.
    >> >
    >> >Must be Murphy's Law that dictates, "The pen you buy will not write as
    >> >well as the one at the post office/bank or the one the checkout girl
    >> >uses."
    >> >

    >> I foolishly purchased thousands of steel shoehorns from a shoe store
    >> that was going out of business. Many windchimes later I just tossed
    >> the whole lot out.
    >>

    >Maybe you could have made one huge windchime and set a record of some
    >type<G>

    Yeah and PS they didn't work.
    How 'bout the world's largest non-functioning windchime made of steel
    shoehorns?

    Frosty, May 3, 2007