Pennywise

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Oct 26, 2006

  2. G. Morgan

    Guest

    , Oct 26, 2006

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:50:47 -0700, wrote:

    >That's ok, but cars are ment to be driven.
    >
    >Check these commercials from Isuzu
    >http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/Isuzu.htm

    Nice eye candy! :)

    --

    -Graham
    (remove the double e's to email)
    G. Morgan, Oct 26, 2006
  4. G. Morgan

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    > BTW...
    > If you wanna see true state of the art webvertising see:

    "WEBVERTISING?"
    Seriously? You really agree there is a need to invent stupid new words
    and then use them?

    How about "advertising on the Web?"

    RESIST MARKETING IDIOCY!!
    REVOLT! REVOLT!!
    Mitch, Oct 26, 2006
  5. Mitch wrote:
    > In article <>, G. Morgan
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> BTW...
    >> If you wanna see true state of the art webvertising see:

    > "WEBVERTISING?"
    > Seriously? You really agree there is a need to invent stupid new words
    > and then use them?
    >
    > How about "advertising on the Web?"
    >
    > RESIST MARKETING IDIOCY!!
    > REVOLT! REVOLT!!

    And no verbing!

    And you don't *grow* a business. You grow pot. You do other things to
    expand/enlarge/whatever your business.

    I heard someone talk about "gentling" someone else, the other day. I
    was stunned and sorely disappointed to find out that there actually has
    been a verb form of "gentle" for a long, long time. Bastards! I think
    they should be verbed until they can't gentle any more. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 26, 2006
  6. G. Morgan

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Made up? 189,000 hits
    http://www.google.com/search?source...&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2005-49,GWYA:en&q=WEBVERTISING

    pcbutts1, Oct 26, 2006
  7. G. Morgan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Oct 26, 2006
  8. G. Morgan

    ellis_jay Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Mitch wrote:
    >> In article <>, G. Morgan
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> BTW...
    >>> If you wanna see true state of the art webvertising see:

    >> "WEBVERTISING?"
    >> Seriously? You really agree there is a need to invent stupid new
    >> words and then use them?
    >>
    >> How about "advertising on the Web?"
    >>
    >> RESIST MARKETING IDIOCY!!
    >> REVOLT! REVOLT!!

    > And no verbing!
    >
    > And you don't *grow* a business. You grow pot. You do other things
    > to expand/enlarge/whatever your business.
    >
    > I heard someone talk about "gentling" someone else, the other day.

    Gentling is what occurs when an Aes Sedai catches your ass if you possess
    the One Power-provided she likes you -otherwise you area a dead
    man.............

    Great series!
    http://www.abbygoldsmith.com/wot/

    nah! Classic!

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Oct 26, 2006
  9. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:11:06 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >"WEBVERTISING?"
    >Seriously? You really agree there is a need to invent stupid new words
    >and then use them?

    Sure, I didn't invent it:
    http://www.smithfam.com/ebw/webvert/index.htm

    >How about "advertising on the Web?"

    You're only born with so many keystrokes, don't want to use them all
    up.

    G. Morgan, Oct 26, 2006
  10. G. Morgan

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Not no more. The Ashamen and Nynaeve can reverse it.

    pcbutts1, Oct 27, 2006
  11. G. Morgan

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, pcbutts1
    <> wrote:

    > Made up? 189,000 hits

    I do not suggest that poster made it up -- I suggest that it was
    recently invented, is sill and stupid, and totally unnecessary.
    I suggest that we all resist using such idiotic words.
    Mitch, Oct 27, 2006
  12. G. Morgan

    ellis_jay Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Not no more. The Ashamen and Nynaeve can reverse it.

    Whoa! I really did not expect any one in the ng to have really read WOT!
    What a surprise! I have not read the last book yet. If ya like this
    series then I would recommend Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series.

    ellis_jay, Oct 27, 2006