    In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????

    Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?

    Please share what ever it is you are drinking.
    richard, Nov 9, 2007

  2. richard

    Tester Guest

    On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    >In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
    >
    >Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
    >
    >Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

    I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
    ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
    why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
    market results or sporting scores.

    Of course, this week in the U.S. and Canada one could be an hour off
    if one changed back to standard time on the old date, ran the time
    zone patch and then went back another hour on the new date.
    Tester, Nov 9, 2007

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:30:43 GMT, Tester wrote:

    > On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
    >>
    >>Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
    >>
    >>Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

    > I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
    > ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
    > why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
    > market results or sporting scores.

    That's not necessarily forged. All you need to do is to change the date on
    your clock. If it came from a day ahead, it could have also been sent from
    somewhere like Australia which could account for the day.

    Or better, lottery winning numbers; sports events winners for us gamblers;
    and numerous other money making schemes.

    richard, Nov 9, 2007
  4. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Tester <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>In one thread, you post a reply before the OP posted ????
    >>
    >>Date on OP is 11/09 while your date shows 11/08?
    >>
    >>Please share what ever it is you are drinking.

    > I got some spam in which a forged Received: from header line was a day
    > ahead. With legitimate mail that claims to be ahead I sometimes ask
    > why they can't send me something useful from the future like stock
    > market results or sporting scores.
    >
    > Of course, this week in the U.S. and Canada one could be an hour off
    > if one changed back to standard time on the old date, ran the time
    > zone patch and then went back another hour on the new date.

    Interesting side note to daylight savings time - Recently my ISP has
    been unable (or unwilling) to grant an IP to my DSL box between 6 p.m.
    and midnight most days. However, since the change it has changed to
    11:00 p.m. The strange thing is it's still starts at 6:00 p.m. (within
    10 minutes after that time reliably). Any ideas? Obviously it's the ISP.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 10, 2007