    ¦ Bob © ¦ Growing old disgracefully!
    +--------+

    Take out NOSPAM from the address to reply.
    Bob, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Bob

    Jerry G. Guest

    I tried to research this one out for you. It is not well supported from what
    I can see. Can you bring it back to the dealer and exchange it for something
    that is better supported?

    The Sandisk Cruiser, and the Kingston are some of the best ones out there,
    and the price difference is very small.

    As for Win 98, it does not work, and some USB ports on the older machines do
    not work with all of these memory pens. I know for sure that the Sandisk,
    and the Kingston does work with most everything out there. You will have to
    download the Win 98 driver for these, and the install them to work with Win
    98.

    As for the Sandisk and the Kingston, I have used them on the first
    generation P II machines with ME and 98, using the old USB 1.1 ports. I
    have also used them on the newest machines as well, and there was no problem
    at all. I travel around to many clients, and have seen the problem that you
    are having.

    The bottom line is to call the person who gave it to you, and tell them that
    you have to have it exchanged for either the Sandisk, or the Kingston to
    work on your machine.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    I was given a "bytestore"512Mb pendrive for xmas.
    I am unable to get my PC to recognise it.
    I have carefully followed the instructions in the manual, but to no avail.
    I am using Windows 98se, an ASUS A7V motherboard with a VIA ApolloKT133
    chipset and a Duron 700MHz procesor.
    As far as I can tell, all microsoft updates are applied.

    HELP PLEASE

    +--------+

    Jerry G., Jan 7, 2005

  3. Bob

    Trent SC Guest

    >I was given a "bytestore"512Mb pendrive for xmas.
    > I am unable to get my PC to recognise it.
    > I have carefully followed the instructions in the manual, but to no avail.
    > I am using Windows 98se, an ASUS A7V motherboard with a VIA ApolloKT133
    > chipset and a Duron 700MHz procesor.
    > As far as I can tell, all microsoft updates are applied.
    >
    > HELP PLEASE

    Windows 98 will not automatically recognise a USB memory stick so you'll
    need to load the drivers, either from the supplied CD or the manufacturer's
    website.

    If you're unable to obtain these, connect the memory stick to an XP machine
    and see if it loads as anything other than 'bytestore' (a number of these
    things are badged). If so, get the alternative drivers.

    HTH
    Trent SC, Jan 7, 2005