    position and then close the program, on re-opening, the windows will
    return to the original layout. Is there a way of making the windows etc
    fixed?

    JC, Dec 23, 2005

  2. In article <doff2q$40i$>, says...
    > Pegasus Mail 4.3 has been released now, but I cant seem to get it to
    > hold the window position, even though it is set in options.
    >
    > Example, if I drag the - from, subject, size columns etc to a desired
    > position and then close the program, on re-opening, the windows will
    > return to the original layout. Is there a way of making the windows etc
    > fixed?

    Try using 'exit' on the 'file' menu to exit the program. I am not sure about
    your version but that works on several of Harris' programs that otherwise lose
    their settings if you exit through the MS x-box ;-)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Dec 23, 2005

  3. JC

    Rob J Guest

    In article <doff2q$40i$>, says...
    > Pegasus Mail 4.3 has been released now, but I cant seem to get it to
    > hold the window position, even though it is set in options.
    >
    > Example, if I drag the - from, subject, size columns etc to a desired
    > position and then close the program, on re-opening, the windows will
    > return to the original layout. Is there a way of making the windows etc
    > fixed?

    Why bother, just use Thunderbird.

    Rob J, Dec 23, 2005
  4. JC

    EMB Guest

    Rob J wrote:

    > Why bother, just use Thunderbird.

    IME Pmail is more stable.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 23, 2005
  5. On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:45:13 +1300, EMB wrote:

    >> Why bother, just use Thunderbird.

    > IME Pmail is more stable.

    Pine has the best stability of them all.

    IIRC Pmail is not available for *nix systems.

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    Free software on every PC on every desk.

    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 24, 2005
  6. JC

    Craig Shore Guest

    I have a problem that someone here might be able to help with.

    I have three address books. I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, I somehow
    lost the ability to access two of them from the address book system/menu. They
    are however selectable from the little box beside the To: line when writing a
    message but i'm unable to edit anything in them from there.

    Anyone know how to fix this problem, or does it only support one address book
    these days? I only really want one anyway.

    TIA.

    Craig Shore, Dec 24, 2005
  7. JC

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > I have a problem that someone here might be able to help with.
    >
    > I have three address books. I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, I somehow
    > lost the ability to access two of them from the address book system/menu. They
    > are however selectable from the little box beside the To: line when writing a
    > message but i'm unable to edit anything in them from there.
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this problem, or does it only support one address book
    > these days? I only really want one anyway.
    >
    > TIA.

    Have you guys tried looking in the PMail newsgroup(s) ? It use to be
    quite busy but I haven't been there for ages since I changed to
    Thunderbird. Also, PMail was originally written to work on a Novell
    network at Otago Uni quite a few years ago which might account for the
    no *nix versions.

    With regard to the window size and retaining settings issue I found in
    previous versions that if you dragged the window (3 plane) out to the
    max size (or edited the ini file to get the exact size) rather than
    maximising the window, the settings were saved (I always thought that
    was kinda weird).

    I don't recall ever having the address book problem though I have had
    more than one address book. It maybe possible to edit the ini file to
    add or correct the path to the those files - that worked for a lot of
    things.

    You could also try editing the address book files in a text editor .....
    all kind of messy I know .....

    Chris Mayhew, Dec 26, 2005
  8. In article <>, says...
    > Have you guys tried looking in the PMail newsgroup(s) ? It use to be
    > quite busy but I haven't been there for ages since I changed to
    > Thunderbird.

    There is a mailing list for pmail, which is/has i.m.e. always been much more
    active and knowledgable than the ng (for some weird reason all the power users
    and [un]official support people only seem to hang out on the list). The list is
    archived going back years and the archive is searchable - a bit of creative
    googling should find the site (I don't even bother to keep it bookmarked since
    it's so easy to track down).

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Dec 27, 2005