    I'm wondering if FF2 is more, or less, of a CPU hog than FF1.5.0.8.

    I've got a P3/850MHz.

    Vic

    Victor, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Victor

    Paul Guest

    FF2.0 is fine when it works, but I get way too many "hanging" websites and
    screen refresh's to recommend using it..

    paul.

    Paul, Nov 21, 2006

  3. On 11/21/2006 03:21 PM, Paul wrote:

    > FF2.0 is fine when it works, but I get way too many "hanging" websites and
    > screen refresh's to recommend using it..
    >

    > paul.

    Do a clean install of FF2. That is to say, uninstall FF, wipe the FF
    application folder and reinstall FF and test.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 22, 2006
  4. Victor

    bob from oz Guest

    Victor wrote:
    > Can anyone comment on the performance of FF2 over FF1.5.0.8?

    i haven't installed 2.0 on my Windoze box yet, but it is installed on my
    Ubuntu laptop. it runs just like 1.5.0.8 as far as i can tell. i haven't
    run it side-by-side though.

    > For example, on most myspace pages, IE6 will display the page fine and scroll fine.
    > However, FF1.5.0.8 will consume 85% of my CPU and scrolling is painfully slow and jerky.

    dude, are you still running a 286 or something? i just scanned through a
    dozen Myspace pages and nothing like that happens with my 1.5.0.8.

    > I'm wondering if FF2 is more, or less, of a CPU hog than FF1.5.0.8.

    something is extremely wrong with your system if you're using that much cpu.

    bob

    bob from oz, Nov 22, 2006
  5. Victor

    elaich Guest

    bob from oz <> wrote in

    >> I'm wondering if FF2 is more, or less, of a CPU hog than FF1.5.0.8.

    > something is extremely wrong with your system if you're using that
    > much cpu.

    Excessive CPU usage issues with FF have been linked with Flash issues.

    elaich, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Victor

    Victor Guest

    "elaich" wrote...
    > bob from oz wrote:
    >
    > >> I'm wondering if FF2 is more, or less, of a CPU hog than FF1.5.0.8.

    > > something is extremely wrong with your system if you're using that
    > > much cpu.

    > Excessive CPU usage issues with FF have been linked with Flash issues.

    System is a 1.2GHz. Yes, I ran some tests and on a large page that scrolls fine, if I
    add Flash it suddenly gulps CPU time.

    Victor, Feb 20, 2007