    is there some kinda restriction on this or am i doing something wrong here?

    thanks,
    Paul

    Milsnips, May 6, 2005

  2. Milsnips

    oldguy Guest

    Hi,

    Just a quick thought: Have you checked the wireless settings on both
    computers? The speed limit having been set to 11 Mbps on one laptop is
    enough to cause your problem.

    Good Luck,
    Engin

    oldguy, May 6, 2005

  3. Milsnips

    Milsnips Guest

    how do i check where the speed is limited?

    thanks,
    Paul

    Milsnips, May 9, 2005
  4. Milsnips

    oldguy Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Roughly speaking, you should check it through start>control panel>Network
    Connections>(icon for your wireless connection)>Properties>Configure, then
    find the entry showing the speed or b/g selection.

    This is for WinXP, it may be slightly different for other versions.

    Good luck,
    Engin

    oldguy, May 11, 2005
  5. I actually have the same issue and am almost convinced that for an
    ad-hoc(peer to peer) network there is some limitation that prevents speeds
    greater than 11MBps. I have checked the config on the drivers of both
    computers and they are set to 802.11g preferred. I have gone through every
    other option on the network config and have had no luck with changing this.
    Can anyone else shed any light on this?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltbW8=?=, Jul 30, 2005