Peer To Peer Via Wireless?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Ady, May 23, 2005.

  1. Ady

    Ady Guest

    Hi There

    I have 3 computers on my wireless network. All 3 are winXp Home addition
    with service pack 2. I have a Belkin wireless/cable router. Set up as
    follows:

    Computer 1
    ========
    Connected to wireless router by cable

    Computer 2
    ========
    Connected to wireless router by Belkin USB wireless Access point (802.11g)

    Computer 3
    ========
    Connected to wireless router by Belkin USB wireless Access point (802.11g)

    All computers have the same WORKGROUP name. All computers can successfully
    share the ASDL broadband internet via the router. I also have WPA security
    running successfully.

    The Problem
    ==========
    I want to share files and printer connection with all 3 computers. The
    problem is that all the computers seem isolated from each other. I can not
    see them in Network Neighbourhood on any computer. I have opened up the
    firewalls on the router and each PC to let through the IP address of our
    LAN, but still no joy!

    The software on the wireless connections does offer a peer to peer, but
    selecting this did not work.

    This is really making me mad!! Any help offered will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!!!

    Kind regards

    Ady

    Ady, May 23, 2005

  2. Ady

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    Your problem is not a Wireless Issue but rather a Sharing issue.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), May 23, 2005