    IS what I am trying to do supported or does peer to peer only work on a
    WORKGROUP and not domain computers and accounts?

    Jeff
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Jun 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

    GTS Guest

    I find your post confusing. Ad Hoc is used for a direct computer to
    computer connection. Is that what you wanted? Do you mean the laptop is
    not logged into the domain and you are making a direct wireless connection
    to the laptop from another wireless workstation? If that's the case the
    domain controller isn't managing security and normal peer sharing rules
    would apply (a matching user account etc.)

    If you have a WAP attached to your domain and they log into the domain, you
    should be able to access shares on those laptops if rights were granted to
    members of the domain or otherwise appropriately configured. Peer to peer
    sharing is certainly possible within a domain and quite common.

    GTS, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Yes,

    When the domain computers are offsite, I would like the computers to be able
    to access a shared folder on the laptop.

    I configured the wireless cards for Ad Hoc and I am able to browse and see
    the other computers but when I try to access a share I get a login prompt. I
    did configure identical users and full control access but when I type in a
    the domain user account and password the authentication fails. I get a
    message "a domain controller is not available......" Is it looking for a
    local account?

    Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Jun 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    When you taking Laptop the outside the Laptop's Wireless has to be configured according
    to the parameter of the Off site. Ad-Hoc or Not, you can not decide without knowing how
    the Off site's wireless works.

    In addition the Off Site has to be configured properly to allow your accountant to
    share.

    To maintain easy configuration of the Wireless on various site read this:
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#fewtcp-ip

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=

    GTS Guest

    Yes. Although you can log in to the laptop using cached credentials for the
    domain login, if you try to connect to the share using the clients domain
    login it's looking for the domain controller to authenticate. I believe
    you should be able to get access by entering a local account. That local
    user, of course, will have to have permissions to the share. Have you tried
    this?

    GTS, Jun 21, 2005