Peer to Peer Network Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Seinman, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Seinman

    Seinman Guest

    I have an ad-hoc (peer-to-peer) network bteween desktop and laptop. Usually
    works fine,
    but have the following connection problems:

    boot both - no problem, can connect.

    reboot desktop with laptop running - no problem, laptop 'sees' network
    and connects

    reboot laptop with desktop running - no connection. Tried
    disabling/enabling card but nothing. Have to reboot the desktop to get
    a connection.

    I'm running XP Pro SP2 ondesktop XP Home SP2 on laptop.

    Any help or guidance would be appreciated

    Seinman, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Seinman

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    Is laptop the gateway to internet or is it the desktop? There is always
    a timelag for connection to take place. I use Win98SE on Desktop and
    WinXP Prof on laptop. My laptop is connected to internet via USB ADSL
    Modem. Desktop always takes time to connect but it does connect
    eventually!.

    Have you tried forcing it to connect by right-clicking on the sys-tray
    icon?

    Regards,

    ANONYMOUS, Oct 22, 2005