peel regional police laser speed traps

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pluto3, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Pluto3

    Pluto3 Guest

    It is common practice for police to position the radar/laser speed traps at
    the lower end of hills or underpass that are resident to bridges and train
    trestles.

    It is not common to believe police when they state the speed you were going
    it especially if you think that no one is above the law and have reasonable
    proof that anyone including a police officer might lie....for what ever
    motive.....

    The one bit of evidence is that when asked to see the speed as indicated by
    the laser the police refused....also the officer stated to her fellow
    officer that he should make notes of it.

    This situation became very disturbing because no one I saw was even question
    the speed they were going......really

    putting a speed trap at the beginning of a hill what a low life thing to
    do.......I never see the police making a speed trap going up a hill.....

    I peel Regional police simply lying about the speed the people are
    going.......It is a likely possibility......they have not proved the speed
    to me.

    There will be a website starting in the near future about radar/laser speed
    traps in Peel Region to make all who travel here knowledgeable........

    Pluto3, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Pluto3

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pluto3 said:

    > It is common practice for police to position the radar/laser speed traps at
    > the lower end of hills or underpass that are resident to bridges and train
    > trestles.
    >
    > It is not common to believe police when they state the speed you were going
    > it especially if you think that no one is above the law and have reasonable
    > proof that anyone including a police officer might lie....for what ever
    > motive.....
    >
    > The one bit of evidence is that when asked to see the speed as indicated by
    > the laser the police refused....also the officer stated to her fellow
    > officer that he should make notes of it.
    >
    > This situation became very disturbing because no one I saw was even question
    > the speed they were going......really
    >

    > putting a speed trap at the beginning of a hill what a low life thing to
    > do.......I never see the police making a speed trap going up a hill.....

    The "beginning" od a hill *is* the bottom of it, the top of a hill is the brow.>

    Just over 300 moons ago, I was caught in a speed trap as I approached a hill,
    and I was caught because the trap was placed there due to the fact people
    accelerate so as not to lose speed on the climb up the hill.
    Which is exactly what I had done, although it was necessary with the "piece of
    crap" bike I was on, sometimes I could run faster than it.
    A speed trap on the brow of a hill is not underhanded either, you cannot see
    what is below your line of vision and you would not have enough reaction time if
    someone was in your path.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Pluto3

    Helen Guest

    By manufacturer and in some states by law, the radar equipment
    used by police
    is required to be calibrated on a regular basis. ALWAYS
    inquire as to the
    documentation for the latest calibration. Once calibrated for
    accuracy some
    technician has to sign that he calibrated the radar and it
    records accurately.
    Just a little info for you in your endeavors to keep everyone
    honest.

    Helen

    :

    Helen, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Pluto3

    Richard Guest

    Helen wrote:

    > By manufacturer and in some states by law, the radar equipment
    > used by police
    > is required to be calibrated on a regular basis. ALWAYS
    > inquire as to the
    > documentation for the latest calibration. Once calibrated for
    > accuracy some
    > technician has to sign that he calibrated the radar and it
    > records accurately.
    > Just a little info for you in your endeavors to keep everyone
    > honest.

    > Helen

    Not always true. In Ohio, the officers calibrate their own units.
    How is that done you ask?
    Tuning forks. No machine to standardize with. Just simple tuning forks.
    If the forks are dinged, they could be out of whack enough to give false
    readings.
    I do not know if that applies to laser guns though. Just some radar guns.

    Since radar is radio waves, the gun also has to accept interference from
    other signal producers.
    If a radio signal is received by that unit while on, it could very well give
    a false reading.
    Overhead automatic door openers like those at a grocery store, give enough
    of a signal to produce a signal on a detector at least half a mile away.
    If an officer is operating a radar gun in that vicinity, he could very well
    be receiving interference from that door opener.

    If the unit is at a true 90 degrees to you when you pass it, the reading on
    it will be zero.
    This is due to the fact that you are neither moving away, or approaching it.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Pluto3

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:42:08 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
    scribbled:

    >How is that done you ask?

    Nobody asked, nobody cares about your misinformation.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Jan 5, 2004