    folder, along with files needed for Image Explorer, to another folder
    (3.2megs) and could run it from there so it has me stumped why I
    cannot see the original installation folder. ???

    GraB, Sep 14, 2003

  2. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:34:27 +1200, "M"
    <> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> Running Win98SE. Installed Drive Image 5 (free on August APC mag).
    >> Tried to run it from Windows, won't reboot computer (exit error 12
    >> from memory) so I thought I would just reboot and run the prog from
    >> DOS. But the folder it was installed to was invisible. Got back into
    >> Windows and checked it wasn't hidden, went back to DOS but still not
    >> visible. System Commander utility Partition Browser could see it but
    >> not visible in DOS. Tried booting from boot disc, still not visible.
    >> Booted into new Windows partition, in DOS mode, still invisible.
    >> Invisible even with Knoppix bootable Linux CD.
    >>
    >> But System Commander Partition Browser could see it and it is
    >> perfectly visible in Windows. Ran Nortons Disc Doctor in DOS and
    >> Windows, nothing wrong.
    >>
    >> I copied the files needed for Drive Image DOS operation to another
    >> folder, along with files needed for Image Explorer, to another folder
    >> (3.2megs) and could run it from there so it has me stumped why I
    >> cannot see the original installation folder. ???

    >dir /a /p

    Folder was not marked as hidden. I have since uninstalled it, having
    made boot discs and saving the core files which run the program to
    another folder.

    The total size of the installed folder was about 23megs. After
    uninstalling it I did a defrag with Nortons Speedisk but noticed a
    large block of data on the graphical display, which, when clicked on,
    turned out to be more Drive Image stuff. I traced it to the
    C:\windows\local settings\temp\di5\ . . . There was another 30 odd
    megs of installation files in there. Temp folder is normally
    C:\windows\temp . Shows where your hard drive space can go.

    GraB, Sep 15, 2003