    and has a field to type text in and threee radio buttons to choose
    from. The other says get free teens in your mailbox.
    Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
    Ben E. Hanna, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Ben E. Hanna

    Boomer Guest

    Ben E. Hanna <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi all,
    > One of my users gets a pop-up only when he goes to a certain web
    > page. Nobody else get the pop-up when they go to the same page.
    > It's like the pop-up is associated with just the one page and only
    > on his PC. Actually, there are two pop-ups, one says Search your
    > favorite porn and has a field to type text in and threee radio
    > buttons to choose from. The other says get free teens in your
    > mailbox. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    Install, at least, the first three.
    Keep updated and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Ben E. Hanna

    °Mike° Guest

    Install, update and use all of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:50:00 -0800, in
    <>
    Ben E. Hanna scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Ben E. Hanna

    Professor Guest

    Run a program like Spybot search and destroy. Get rid of all cookies and
    temporary internet files.
    Professor, Dec 6, 2003
  5. Ben E Hanna wrote:

    > One of my users gets a pop-up only when he goes to a certain web page.
    > Nobody else get the pop-up when they go to the same page. It's like
    > the pop-up is associated with just the one page and only on his PC.
    > Actually, there are two pop-ups, one says Search your favorite porn
    > and has a field to type text in and threee radio buttons to choose
    > from. The other says get free teens in your mailbox.

    Perhaps he's the only one of your circle getting that last pop-up because
    the rest of you don't have mailboxes large enough to hold teens.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    [still no new sig]
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Ben E. Hanna <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi all,
    > One of my users gets a pop-up only when he goes to a certain web page.
    > Nobody else get the pop-up when they go to the same page. It's like
    > the pop-up is associated with just the one page and only on his PC.
    > Actually, there are two pop-ups, one says Search your favorite porn
    > and has a field to type text in and threee radio buttons to choose
    > from. The other says get free teens in your mailbox.
    > Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    this is almost certainly due to the
    Cool Web Search (CWS) hijacker probably
    courtesy of fastsearch.
    CWShredder (downloadable free) should deal
    with it
    Andrew Criddle, Dec 12, 2003