    should be. i.e. FTm.

    Help greatly appreciated.

    Mak

    MaK, Aug 16, 2003

  2. MaK

    Tim Guest

    The problem is probably caused by setting the destination or installation
    folder to "C:\", instead of using the default folder during the initial
    installation process.

    The best way to resolve this issue is to "Uninstall the program". Open the
    start menu, go to programs and locate the Geneology program that you
    installed. See if you can locate a menu item that represents uninstall or
    remove. If not, go back to the main portion of the start menu and go to
    Settings. Click on "Control Panels". A window will open with several
    different items. Double-click on the icon that says "Add-Remove Programs".
    Locate the Geneology program you installed and click on Remove or Uninstall.
    If for some reason you can't find the program in the list of installed
    programs, then an alternative option is necessary and you will manually need
    to uninstall it by accessing it's files.

    To access the files stored on drive C you can simply use Windows Explorer
    (included in all version of Windows), or right-click on the drive C icon in
    My computer and choose the Menu option that says "Open". In this case, when
    the menu pops up it will usually show "Autorun" as the first option in bold
    and "Open" as the second option. Once you have access to the files in drive
    C. See if you can locate a file called "Uninstall" or "Uninst" or even
    "Remove". Double click on it to begin the uninstallation process. Be sure
    to note that it is uninstalling the correct program. If not, cancel the
    Uninstallation process.

    If you are unable to locate an uninstall file, locate any files named
    "Autorun". Right click on those files and choose delete or highlight them
    and hit the delete key to manually delete those files. This will prevent
    the drive C icon from automatically starting the program, however, the
    program will still be installed in the Drive C folder.

    If you are successful in properly intiating the uninstall, then you may
    attempt to Re-Install the program, but this time be sure it is installed
    somewhere other than "C:\". Perhap try "C:\Program Files\Geneology" or use
    the default installation folder (only if it is not "C:\").

    Timothy

    PS. Be sure to take advantage of www.familyhistory.com.

    Tim, Aug 16, 2003