    Hector
    --
    Hector

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?=, Oct 2, 2007

  2. So far as I know there is no x64 (or Vista) driver for the Photosmart 1000
    and no workaround to enable even basic printing.

    Office 2007 will need to be reinstalled from your installation media.

    Your Outlook .pst file can be copied and pasted to your new C:\Documents and
    Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    folder. This will retain all your old Outlook information, but you will need
    to set up your email accounts anew so be sure you have a record of your
    email account settings and passwords.

    Any other user files can be copied - or restored from a backup - to your new
    x64 Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents folder. They are just
    information and don't depend on the version of Windows under which they were
    created.

    Dominic Payer, Oct 2, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGVjdG9y?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Oct 1, 10:32 pm, Hector <> wrote:

    > What about the WORD files or will it all be lost into thin air since they
    > are different operating systems.

    This is a strange idea. Do you think you cannot open your Word files
    on any PC or any Office installation besides that one?

    What happens if you need to send a Word document to another person?
    How would they open it if that was the case?

    You are overanalyzing this a little, I think.

    As far as the printer, The P1000 is pretty old, but some OS/2 guy got
    it to print using a different model driver. Maybe XP64 will allow
    something similar using different XP64 drivers.
    http://www.os2voice.org/VNL/past_issues/VNL0304H/vnewsf3.htm

    S.SubZero, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Dominic is correct on all counts. The one other suggestion I'd make is that
    you use the updated files and settings transfer wizard (FSTW). The minimum
    level of the FSTW is described in my blog on the subject:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/09/02/65120.aspx

    Since you're going to need to format your existing Windows partition, make
    sure you have a full and complete backup of everything, and that you've
    tested that backup thoroughly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64