PEAP via Microsoft IAS does not work (using VeriSign Certificate)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by M C, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. M C

    M C Guest

    Hi All,

    I'd purchased VeriSign Certificate and installed it on a Microsoft Windows
    2000 server with SP4 and latest patches. The server has been joined to the
    Microsoft Windows 2003 active directory (2003 native mode). After
    successfully installing the certificate, I reconfigured the Remote Access
    Policy Rule (i.e. reconfigure the PEAP Certificate Issued to use the newly
    installed certificate). Then we used the Windows XP Prof. Client (NON-domain
    PC) to try authenticating via the Microsoft IAS service but we got the
    following error.
    "Access request for user <XXXXXX> was discarded.
    Fully-Qualified-User-Name = <undetermined>
    NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    NAS-Identifier = Aruba-WLAN
    NAS-Port-Type = 19
    NAS-Port = 1
    Reason-Code = 96
    Reason = The authentication request was dropped because the session timed
    out. "

    Any comment are welcome.

    TIA.

    M C