PDM broken after Java update

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Cisco Fan, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Cisco Fan

    Cisco Fan Guest

    Hm ... looks like something is broken in either PDM or Java 1.5.0_02 ...
    trying to connect to a PDM, I get an error (in all browsers, from
    Firefox, Mozilla through Netscape & MSIE) ... here's an excerpt from the
    java console:

    Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02
    Verwendung der JRE-Version 1.5.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    Home-Verzeichnis des Benutzers = D:\Dokumente und
    Einstellungen\Administrator

    (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version read)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.pdm.e.c.q(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.pdm.e.c.h(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.pdm.a.byte(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.pdm.PDMApplet.start(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.nm.util.sgz.Env.start(Env.java:37)
    at com.cisco.nm.util.sgz.Loader.start(Loader.java:109)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    Anybody know a fix? (this is on a 501 w/ PDM 3.01 - haven't tried
    updating to 3.02 yet)

    Tnx, -gg

    Cisco Fan, Apr 21, 2005

  2. This is a known issue. Go back to 1.5.0_01 and PDM will work fine.

    Corbin O'Reilly, Apr 21, 2005