    have popups or watermarks?

    Any help appreciated

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Rider

    JC Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
    > have popups or watermarks?
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Rider

    Yep, Primo PDF and open office

    JC, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "JC" <> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$...
    > Rider wrote:
    >> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
    >> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > Yep, Primo PDF and open office

    Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
    Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.

    It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
    'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
    else I've missed?

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Rider

    shannon Guest

    shannon, Nov 30, 2005
  5. Rider

    shannon Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "JC" <> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$...
    >> Rider wrote:
    >>> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
    >>> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated
    >>>
    >>> Rider
    >>>

    >> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

    > Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
    > Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.
    >
    > It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
    > 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
    > else I've missed?
    >
    > Rider

    Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
    print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

    shannon, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "shannon" <> wrote in message news:438e1409$...
    > Rider wrote:
    >> "JC" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

    >> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print
    >> anything. Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the
    >> printer.
    >>
    >> It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
    >> 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ...
    >> anything else I've missed?
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
    > print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

    Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
    automatically print.

    My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
    Adobe Reader and you click on print.

    Might just go home now LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Rider

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Rider wrote:

    > Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
    > have popups or watermarks?
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Rider

    I use CutePDF Writer. Works very well.

    http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

    Mackin

    Mackin_NZ, Dec 1, 2005
  8. Rider

    pixel Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message

    > "shannon" <> wrote in message

    >> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
    >> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

    > Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
    > automatically print.
    >
    > My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
    > Adobe Reader and you click on print.

    Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for you.
    You have to click on print.
    Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.

    pixel, Dec 1, 2005
  9. Rider

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:01:22 +1300, in message
     <mynjf.4878$>, Rider wrote:

    > Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
    > have popups or watermarks?
    >
    > Any help appreciated

    For more ideas, check this thread from a few months ago

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=dd9rij$45r$1%40lust.ihug.co.nz

    Ralph Fox, Dec 1, 2005
  10. John in Surrey, Dec 1, 2005
  11. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "pixel" <> wrote in message

    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "shannon" <> wrote in message

    >>> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
    >>> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

    >> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
    >> automatically print.
    >>
    >> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not
    >> open Adobe Reader and you click on print.
    >>

    > Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for you.
    > You have to click on print.
    > Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.

    Yeah I've figured out it doesn't go straight to printer. Also, none of the
    free ones merge documents to one PDF file.

    I'm regretting telling this person that there are free PDF 'print' systems.

    LoL

    Rider, Dec 1, 2005
  12. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
    > have popups or watermarks?
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Rider

    Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

    Rider

    Rider, Dec 1, 2005
  13. Rider

    Alan Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > "pixel" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rider" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "shannon" <> wrote in message

    location

    >>> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
    >>> automatically print.
    >>>
    >>> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically,
    >>> not open Adobe Reader and you click on print.
    >>>

    >> Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for
    >> you. You have to click on print.
    >> Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.
    >>

    > Yeah I've figured out it doesn't go straight to printer. Also, none
    > of the free ones merge documents to one PDF file.
    >
    > I'm regretting telling this person that there are free PDF 'print'
    > systems.
    >
    > LoL

    You can use PDFMerge (free) to merge PDFs and it always works fine
    with PDFCreator (also free) for our users.

    I actually have Adobe Acrobat 7 on my machine too and I actually find
    PDFMerge is quicker and easier to use to merge PDFs.

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Dec 2, 2005
  14. Rider

    Rob J Guest

    In article <mynjf.4878$>,
    says...
    > Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
    > have popups or watermarks?
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Rider

    PrimoPDF

    Rob J, Dec 9, 2005
  15. Rider

    Rob J Guest

    In article <Q%njf.4885$>,
    says...

    > "JC" <> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$...
    > > Rider wrote:
    > >> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
    > >> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
    > >>
    > >> Any help appreciated
    > >>
    > >> Rider
    > >>

    > > Yep, Primo PDF and open office

    > Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
    > Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.

    Huh?
    The point of this program is to generate a PDF *FILE* - not printed
    output.

    Rob J, Dec 9, 2005