    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Jorge

    El Llanero Solidario, Dec 20, 2004

  2. El Llanero Solidario

    PC Guest

    "El Llanero Solidario" <> wrote in message
    > In the past, whenever I clicked onto a page containing a PDF document,
    > Acrobat was launched and I could inmediately see the document.
    > Nowadays my computers refuses to let me see PDF's within IE, I have to
    > "save
    > it as" and then open it. I am using IE 6, Acrobat Reader 6, Norton
    > Antivirus
    > 2003 and the Norton Internet Security.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jorge

    Jorge

    Don't know the cause, but it seems to be tied up with SP2 and Acrobat
    plugins.

    Temporary fix is to move the plugins from Acrobat Readers plugin folder to
    another location.

    Worked for me and a couple of my clients, most pdf's still seemed to open
    ok.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Dec 20, 2004

  3. El Llanero Solidario

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:24:49 GMT, El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    >In the past, whenever I clicked onto a page containing a PDF document,
    >Acrobat was launched and I could inmediately see the document.
    >Nowadays my computers refuses to let me see PDF's within IE, I have to "save
    >it as" and then open it. I am using IE 6, Acrobat Reader 6, Norton Antivirus
    >2003 and the Norton Internet Security.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong?

    Didn't say what OS :)

    Most likely nothing, had this at work and there is enough on google
    about it. Check www.google.com .

    There wasn't a fix IIRC, but a workaround. In Windows Explorer / Tools
    / Folder Options / File Types / find the entry for PDF / Advanced /
    select the action 'open' / tick or untick - open in a new window.

    Me

    why?, Dec 20, 2004
  4. El Llanero Solidario

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:24:49 GMT, El Llanero Solidario wrote:

    >In the past, whenever I clicked onto a page containing a PDF document,
    >Acrobat was launched and I could inmediately see the document.

    <snip>

    Missed a bit. If the View options change doesn't work (our work PCs had
    an image built from IE4 SP2 which had the desktop addin for view
    settings, then upgraded to 5.5/6, the addin was missing from IE 5 and
    above)

    This did work,

    Open Acrobat Reader / Edit / Preferences (for v5/6) / Internet / tick
    or untick Display PDF in browser.

    Me

    why?, Dec 20, 2004
  5. El Llanero Solidario

    LAH Guest

    > In the past, whenever I clicked onto a page containing a PDF document,
    > Acrobat was launched and I could inmediately see the document.
    > Nowadays my computers refuses to let me see PDF's within IE, I have to

    "save
    > it as" and then open it. I am using IE 6, Acrobat Reader 6, Norton

    Antivirus
    > 2003 and the Norton Internet Security.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jorge

    I had a similar problem that was fixed by unchecking "Allow Fast Web View".
    In Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (full version) you can find that at
    Edit/Tools/General/Options/uncheck Allow Fast Web View". It takes slightly
    longer to view the documents but I've never had any problems since. Hope
    this helps.

    LAH, Dec 21, 2004
  6. Thanks everyone!

    This worked for me:

    Display PDF in browser MUST remain unchecked. Once you've done that,
    everything goes back to normal!

    There's even a page dedicated to this problem(!)

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/pdf.htm

    Thanks again,

    Jorge

    El Llanero Solidario, Dec 21, 2004