    }<)))*> Giant_Alex
    cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
    not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

    AAvK, Aug 25, 2006

  2. AAvK wrote:

    > A .pdf owners manual for the Sekonic Auto Leader III L-162 (selenium, no
    > batteries) is available from me through my email address, just let me
    > know. If interested, use the addy in my sig below. It will arrive in a
    > .zip file, and is 4 megabytes.
    >
    > I bought and scanned the manual, and did the graphics work in Photoshop.

    Funny you should mention that - I found an ancient Sekonic on a bonfire
    (before it was lit) last year. It was in excellent condition. It says
    Hanimex as well on it - is that a model range or some sort of
    partnership with another company? I can't see any model markings.

    Brendan Gillatt, Aug 26, 2006

  3. AAvK

    AAvK Guest

    > Funny you should mention that - I found an ancient Sekonic on a bonfire
    > (before it was lit) last year. It was in excellent condition. It says
    > Hanimex as well on it - is that a model range or some sort of
    > partnership with another company? I can't see any model markings.

    I am no expert but I know the two names "were" tied in manufacturing
    way back. Does it have a top dial of three settings? If so, the final setting
    relates to opening the bottom panel sensor (flips out), for use in lower
    light. If so, that is where the model # would be. You could search eBay
    to see, as well.

    AAvK, Aug 26, 2006
  4. AAvK wrote:

    >> Funny you should mention that - I found an ancient Sekonic on a bonfire
    >> (before it was lit) last year. It was in excellent condition. It says
    >> Hanimex as well on it - is that a model range or some sort of
    >> partnership with another company? I can't see any model markings.

    > I am no expert but I know the two names "were" tied in manufacturing
    > way back. Does it have a top dial of three settings? If so, the final
    > setting relates to opening the bottom panel sensor (flips out), for use
    > in lower light. If so, that is where the model # would be. You could
    > search eBay to see, as well.

    There's no model number there but there s some sort of six digit serial
    number stamped onto an aluminum panel at the bottom.
    I've got a few pictures online at flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58708075@N00

    Brendan Gillatt, Aug 28, 2006
  5. AAvK

    John Guest

    "Brendan Gillatt" <> wrote in message
    > AAvK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Funny you should mention that - I found an ancient Sekonic on a bonfire
    >>> (before it was lit) last year. It was in excellent condition. It says
    >>> Hanimex as well on it - is that a model range or some sort of
    >>> partnership with another company? I can't see any model markings.

    >> I am no expert but I know the two names "were" tied in manufacturing
    >> way back. Does it have a top dial of three settings? If so, the final
    >> setting relates to opening the bottom panel sensor (flips out), for use
    >> in lower light. If so, that is where the model # would be. You could
    >> search eBay to see, as well.
    >>

    > There's no model number there but there s some sort of six digit serial
    > number stamped onto an aluminum panel at the bottom.
    > I've got a few pictures online at flickr:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/58708075@N00

    I have one - although I don't think I have the instructions.

    I think Hanimex was Hanes Import Export. It concentrated on stuff made in
    Hong Kong.

    There are some Red / Blue and Yellow marks on the scale. Red is for cover
    closed. Blue for open - yellow for the optional plug in additional sensor.
    (socket on base).

    I cant remember the rule for using the incident light filter (white)

    John, Aug 28, 2006
  6. AAvK

    TheCoolerKing

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I'd love to get a copy.

    I just found one laying around and it'll be great to get a decent exposure for my TLR camera.

    TheCoolerKing, Jul 22, 2008