    to swap parts over.

    Anyone know what might be causing the problem?

    TIA.

    ian field, Oct 22, 2008

  2. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in
    news:OUGLk.217984$2:

    > While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button on
    > the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page is
    > zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling down
    > with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as well.
    >
    > The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
    > does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap &
    > nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so it
    > isn't easy to swap parts over.
    >
    > Anyone know what might be causing the problem?

    take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you don't
    get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 22, 2008

  3. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >
    >> While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button on
    >> the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page is
    >> zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling down
    >> with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as well.
    >>
    >> The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
    >> does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap &
    >> nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so it
    >> isn't easy to swap parts over.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what might be causing the problem?
    >>

    > take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you don't
    > get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

    Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
    with my other machine.

    ian field, Oct 22, 2008
  4. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button
    >>> on the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page
    >>> is zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling
    >>> down with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as
    >>> well.
    >>>
    >>> The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
    >>> does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap
    >>> & nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so
    >>> it isn't easy to swap parts over.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know what might be causing the problem?
    >>>

    >> take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you
    >> don't get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

    > Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
    > with my other machine.

    How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure the
    mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost you? You can't
    clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 22, 2008
  5. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you
    >>> don't get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

    >> Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
    >> with my other machine.
    >>

    > How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure the
    > mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost you? You
    > can't
    > clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

    Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

    moving the mouse has no effect on scrolling a zoomed PDF unless the scroll
    wheel is clicked down. The unaffected machine, the scroll wheel has to be
    held down - the cursor changes to 4 arrows at 90 degrees, the problem
    machine - clicking the scroll wheel toggles a scroll symbol cursor on/off.

    ian field, Oct 23, 2008
  6. ian field

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:24:55 +0100, "ian field"
    <> wrote:

    >Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

    Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
    stupidity.

    Evan Platt, Oct 23, 2008
  7. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:24:55 +0100, "ian field"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

    > Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
    > stupidity.

    Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

    ian field, Oct 23, 2008
  8. ian field wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" wrote:
    >> "ian field" wrote:
    >>> Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

    >> Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
    >> stupidity.

    > Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

    You probably meant "richard" (with a lowercase "r") who is RtS, or
    Richard the St00pid, and currently posting from newsguy.com

    He and chucktar are two different people. ;-)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 23, 2008
  9. ian field

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:39:57 +0100, "ian field"
    <> wrote:

    >Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

    Wouldn't surprise me. (I'm assuming you mean RtS and not "Richard" who
    also posts here.

    Evan Platt, Oct 23, 2008
  10. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:39:57 +0100, "ian field"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

    > Wouldn't surprise me. (I'm assuming you mean RtS and not "Richard" who
    > also posts here.
    > --

    richard - with a small "r".

    ian field, Oct 23, 2008
  11. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >> How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure
    >> the mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost
    >> you? You can't
    >> clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

    > Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

    *You're* the one asking for help. Saying someone else doesn't have a clue
    is hardly something you are capable of judging.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 23, 2008
  12. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>> How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure
    >>> the mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost
    >>> you? You can't
    >>> clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

    >> Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.
    >>

    > *You're* the one asking for help. Saying someone else doesn't have a clue
    > is hardly something you are capable of judging.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    You *ARE* RtS - I claim my £5.

    ian field, Oct 23, 2008
  13. ian field

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:28:38 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >*You're* the one asking for help. Saying someone else doesn't have a clue
    >is hardly something you are capable of judging.

    Ok, then since I'm not the one asking for help.. Let me clarify:

    You don't have a clue.

    Evan Platt, Oct 23, 2008
  14. ian field

    Tony Guest

    Oh so that's where you do all your nymshifting. On those two older machines.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 24, 2008
  15. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.
    >>>

    >> *You're* the one asking for help. Saying someone else doesn't have a
    >> clue is hardly something you are capable of judging.

    > You *ARE* RtS - I claim my £5.

    You've got quite an attitude for someone asking favours. You must have
    gone to public school Pink. Try removing everything under USB and mice
    in device manager and rebooting. There, you got good advice despite your
    attitude. Happy now jerk?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 24, 2008
  16. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> *You're* the one asking for help. Saying someone else doesn't have a
    >>> clue is hardly something you are capable of judging.

    >> You *ARE* RtS - I claim my £5.
    >>

    > You've got quite an attitude for someone asking favours. You must have
    > gone to public school Pink. Try removing everything under USB and mice
    > in device manager and rebooting. There, you got good advice despite your
    > attitude. Happy now jerk?

    Your spouting rubbish that anyone would know is wrong is the kind of help no
    one needs, either get your facts right before trying to give advice or STFU
    until you have a clue what you're talking about.

    ian field, Oct 24, 2008