    nothing of relevance there. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Newfdog
    Newfdog, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Newfdog

    Big Will Guest

    Newfdog wrote:
    > Hi all.... after upgrading to the newest version of Firefox I can no
    > longer view a PDF from a web page link. I get a blank page with the word
    > "done" in the status bar. I checked the options menu and can find
    > nothing of relevance there. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Newfdog

    just a shot in the dark, but what happens if you replace your profile?
    Also, I remember that with my adobe sometimes it would do that if I had
    it set to check for updates and notify me when one was available (I have
    since disabled this feature, I like my current adobe acrobat 5.0.
    Big Will, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Newfdog

    ..brian.. Guest

    Newfdog wrote:
    > Hi all.... after upgrading to the newest version of Firefox I can no
    > longer view a PDF from a web page link. I get a blank page with the

    word
    > "done" in the status bar. I checked the options menu and can find
    > nothing of relevance there. Any suggestions?

    Which version of Adobe Reader are you using? Does the Adobe plugin
    show up when you type 'about:plugins' in the address bar?
    Additionally you could check this through Tools -> Options -> Downloads
    -> Plugins.

    I would recommend installing 7.0, which is the latest version, and
    seems to work better than 6.0.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Mar 7, 2005
  4. ...brian.. wrote:
    > Newfdog wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all.... after upgrading to the newest version of Firefox I can no
    >>longer view a PDF from a web page link. I get a blank page with the

    > word
    >
    >>"done" in the status bar. I checked the options menu and can find
    >>nothing of relevance there. Any suggestions?

    > Which version of Adobe Reader are you using? Does the Adobe plugin
    > show up when you type 'about:plugins' in the address bar?
    > Additionally you could check this through Tools -> Options -> Downloads
    > -> Plugins.
    >
    > I would recommend installing 7.0, which is the latest version, and
    > seems to work better than 6.0.

    Be careful Ver7 only works on Win ME SP2 and XP the program is OS
    dependant. If you Google you will find lots of information, one site is
    http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html it will show you
    which version you should be running.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Newfdog

    Newfdog Guest

    ...brian.. wrote:
    > Newfdog wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all.... after upgrading to the newest version of Firefox I can no
    >>longer view a PDF from a web page link. I get a blank page with the

    > word
    >
    >>"done" in the status bar. I checked the options menu and can find
    >>nothing of relevance there. Any suggestions?

    > Which version of Adobe Reader are you using? Does the Adobe plugin
    > show up when you type 'about:plugins' in the address bar?
    > Additionally you could check this through Tools -> Options -> Downloads
    > -> Plugins.
    >
    > I would recommend installing 7.0, which is the latest version, and
    > seems to work better than 6.0.

    Hi Brian... I'm using version 7.0 and the plugins are shown as enabled
    in about:plugins.

    Newfdog
    Newfdog, Mar 7, 2005