    instead of it opening correctly by default.

    Any idea what the hell is going on here?

    Maurice

    Maurice, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Maurice

    Tester Guest

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:39:24 GMT, "Maurice" <>
    wrote:

    >All of a sudden one folder of documents changed from WORD or TEXT to PDF.
    >Furthermore all those and any other pdf files, when clicked on, now open by
    >default in Notepad (showing garbage) instead of Acrobat, which I DO have
    >installed. I now have to read these files by using "open with (acrobat)"
    >instead of it opening correctly by default.
    >
    >Any idea what the hell is going on here?

    To get all PDF files to open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, right click
    on one in explorer and hit "Open With". Then, a box will come up.
    Highlight Adobe Reader, and check the box "always use the selected
    program to open this kind of file" and hit OK.

    Alternatively, hit tools, folder options and hit the file types sheet.

    Scroll down to extension PDF, and if it isn't set to open with Adobe
    Reader, hit change. Be sure to check the "always use the selected
    program to open this kind of file" box on the dialog that comes up.

    If PDF isn't on the list, hit new and set it up.

    Tester, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Thanks for that. I now have the .pdf files opening correctly in Acrobat by
    default.....BUT.....I still don't know why all these original Word and Text
    files (I have found other folders where this has happened) suddenly changed
    to .pdf all on their own.

    Maurice, Feb 17, 2007