    not searched in their text and their icons do not show sample images.

    Is this a common problem for Vista x64 or something wrong with my machine?

    - John

    John Adams, Sep 1, 2007

  2. John Adams

    Carlos Guest

    John:
    Vista x64 as you.
    I cannot see your problem in my system.
    The pdf file has a check mark, the icon of the pdf reader I use (pdf reader
    from foxitsoftware.com) and "File Properties Filter" (or however it is
    translated from Spanish into English) to the right.
    Could it be due to the fact that you maybe don't have a pdf reader program
    installed in your PC?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 1, 2007

  3. John Adams

    John Adams Guest

    Carlos,

    The pdf file has a check mark in my list as well. To the right, however, it
    says "Registered IFilter is not found". I have Adobe Reader 8 installed.

    - John

    John Adams, Sep 2, 2007
  4. John Adams

    Carlos Guest

    John:
    I found this useful info:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ifilter/archi...-implementation-and-deployment-questions.aspx
    Seems to be an Adobe 8.0 problem with Vista x64.
    You might try with the reader I suggested from www.foxitsoftware.com.
    It is freeware and lightweight.

    Carlos, Sep 2, 2007