    running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
    in SM.

    Thanks for any suggestion.
    Norvin, Jan 12, 2009

  2. Norvin

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:26:13 -0600, Norvin wrote:

    > Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
    > I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
    > in a web browser.
    >
    > I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
    > running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
    > in SM.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion.

    Error messages often produce solutions when used with search engines.
    In this case as the error is with the Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Adobe
    support is a good place to start <http://www.adobe.com/support/>.

    See this article: <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405461>
    "Error: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to
    view PDF files in a web browser..." when you view a PDF file in a
    browser"

    HTH

    I don't use Adobe Reader but use the free PDF XChange Viewer instead:
    <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer/>
    <http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Jan 12, 2009

  3. Norvin wrote:
    > Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
    > I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
    > in a web browser.
    >
    > I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
    > running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
    > in SM.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion.

    I have had problems in the past. I now use Foxit Reader (free,
    lightweight and quick)
    Invisible Man, Jan 12, 2009
  4. Norvin

    Norvin Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:26:13 -0600, Norvin wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
    >> I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
    >> in a web browser.
    >>
    >> I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
    >> running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
    >> in SM.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any suggestion.

    > Error messages often produce solutions when used with search engines.
    > In this case as the error is with the Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Adobe
    > support is a good place to start <http://www.adobe.com/support/>.
    >
    > See this article: <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405461>
    > "Error: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to
    > view PDF files in a web browser..." when you view a PDF file in a
    > browser"
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > I don't use Adobe Reader but use the free PDF XChange Viewer instead:
    > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer/>
    > <http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/>

    Rom, thanks for the response, I reviewed the Adobe site and tried their
    solutions and I got some good results and am now back in sync. Thanks again.
    Norvin, Jan 12, 2009