    "printing" to a pdf printer.
    Works Ok on x64.
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, May 1, 2006
  4. John:
    There is no specific x64 version.
    32-bit version has been working on x64 at least since 0.8 version.
    I have 0.9 working on my machine flawlessly.
    Download the 32-bit one.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 1, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Corsair Guest

    I've tried with this new version and works great with xp-64
    --
    Corsair

    Corsair, May 3, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Didn't make a printer driver on mine, so the only thing I have been able to
    use it for is to create a stupid test page?????

    John Barnes, May 3, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Corsair Guest

    that happens to me when downloaded and installed other files than this:

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_GPLGhostscript.exe

    whit this packet the PC was able to install the printer "PDF creator" and
    everything now is OK.

    1st uninstall previous version and the actual one and restar the computer,
    should be work.
    --
    Corsair

    Corsair, May 3, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks. Worked great. I usually choose a windows installer version as then
    I don't have to manually set a restore point.

    John Barnes, May 3, 2006
  9. John:
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I was about to point out the same file as Corsair did.
    This is the download link:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pdfcreator/PDFCreator-0_9_1_GPLGhostscript.exe?download
    which is a 11742145 bytes download (almos 12 megs).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 3, 2006
  10. The combined AFPL Ghostscript and pdfCreator installer didn't work for me.
    It appeared that Ghostscript didn't get installed before the pdfCreator
    install started, so the printer driver couldn't be created.

    I installed AFPL Ghostscript first and then the non-Ghostscript version of
    pdfCreator installed perfectly.

    Dominic Payer, May 3, 2006
  11. John:
    Release notes point out:

    Q: What is the difference between the AFPL and the Ghostscript version of
    PDFCreator?
    A: The main difference is the Ghostscript version used. The AFPL version is
    newer than the GPL version, but the license is more restrictive. If you just
    want to use PDFCreator, then both versions are fine and the AFPL should be
    prefered, as it is far better. If you need an aspect of the license, that is
    not covered by the AFPL but by the GPL, then you should download the GPL
    version.

    Q: What file should I download?
    A: PDFCreator requires Ghostscript. There are 2 different Setups for the two
    versions of Ghostscript.

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_AFPLGhostscript.msi
    This setup is an installer package, that requires the Microsoft Installer
    Engine and has been created for the distribution through an Active Directory.
    This setup only includes a standard install with AFPL Ghostscript and is only
    available in english. This setup doesn't support 64bit machines.

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_AFPLGhostscript.exe
    This Setup contains AFPL-Ghostscript and is the recommended version. The
    AFPL version is more recent than the GPL version.

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_GPLGhostscript.exe
    This setup contains GPL-Ghostscript. It might be required by problems with
    the license, that the GPL version has to be used. But beware, that the
    printer monitor contains files, which still are released unter the AFPL.

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_Source.zip
    The complete source code of PDFcreaor.

    PDFCreator-0_9_1_WithoutGhostscript.exe
    This setup does not contain Ghostscript at all and can be used, if the
    latest version of Ghostscript is already installed. PDFCreator detects local
    installs of Ghostscript. But beware, that it still contains the printer
    monitor, which contains files, that are released unter the AFPL.

    So it seems that the AFPL msi version is NOT compatible with x64.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 3, 2006
  12. Thanks for the information my original version of PDF Creator didn't install
    anything.
    the
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pdfcreator/PDFCreator-0_9_1_GPLGhostscript.exe?download
    seemed to work until I switched users to a non-installer account. The
    printer appears to be present, but the test page does not print nor
    anything else.Has anyone else seen this behavior? Do I need to install a
    copy for each user?

    Ralph Applebee, May 12, 2006