    If someone out there can tell me how to solve this I'd appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance

    DT

    People, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Hi
    Check and make sure that the Wireless Clients and the Router are on the same
    level of WEP encryption (64bit, or 128bit, or any thing else).
    If it checks ok and does not work read this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 6, 2007

  3. In message <>, "Jack
    (MVP-Networking)." <> writes
    >Hi
    >Check and make sure that the Wireless Clients and the Router are on the
    >same level of WEP encryption (64bit, or 128bit, or any thing else).
    >If it checks ok and does not work read this,
    >http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
    >Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    >"People" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I have a laptop that runs on win. XP that works OK when I'm on
    >>the Internet either via a cable or wireless but when I try to set
    >>'WEP' security via my router I've noticed that my pda doesn't work (no
    >>wi-fi signal) nor does an old laptop (win 98) that I sometimes use
    >>(wireless only). Both pda & old laptop will work when 'WEP' settings
    >>disabled. If someone out there can tell me how to solve this I'd
    >>appreciate it. Thank you in advance
    >>

    >> DT

    Hi I know that the wep encryption on the router was or is set to 64 bit
    but as for my pda I don't know where or how to find the settings. Had a
    look at the wi-fi settings on the pda (hp4700) but can't find anything
    re: encryption or should I be looking for 'pda' settings on my router?

    Thank you
    --
    Des Toussaint

    Des Toussaint, Nov 7, 2007
  4. Hi
    You must find the encryption setting in the PDA, the Router will not help in
    this matter.
    Unfortunately I am not familiar with your PDA and can not tell you where to
    look.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 7, 2007
  5. "Des Toussaint" <> wrote in message
    > In message <>, "Jack
    > (MVP-Networking)." <> writes
    >>Hi
    >>Check and make sure that the Wireless Clients and the Router are on the
    >>same level of WEP encryption (64bit, or 128bit, or any thing else).
    >>If it checks ok and does not work read this,
    >>http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
    >>Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >>"People" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I have a laptop that runs on win. XP that works OK when I'm on the
    >>> Internet either via a cable or wireless but when I try to set 'WEP'
    >>> security via my router I've noticed that my pda doesn't work (no wi-fi
    >>> signal) nor does an old laptop (win 98) that I sometimes use (wireless
    >>> only). Both pda & old laptop will work when 'WEP' settings disabled. If
    >>> someone out there can tell me how to solve this I'd appreciate it. Thank
    >>> you in advance
    >>>

    >>> DT
    >>>

    > Hi I know that the wep encryption on the router was or is set to 64 bit
    > but as for my pda I don't know where or how to find the settings. Had a
    > look at the wi-fi settings on the pda (hp4700) but can't find anything re:
    > encryption or should I be looking for 'pda' settings on my router?
    >
    > Thank you
    > --
    > Des Toussaint

    You might look at this manual from HP...

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00543152/c00543152.pdf

    If your using WEP, versus WPA, use a Hex key versus an ASCII key. Here is my
    old PocketPC wireless page that may be of some help...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/WirelessConnectivity/WiFiHelp.html

    More help from HP...

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...peId=215348&prodSeriesId=420534&lang=en&cc=us

    Lastly you might post specific PocketPC wireless questions to the
    microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless news group.

    Good luck...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...