    into a router?

    Thanks in Advance
    , Nov 29, 2004

  2. Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>, nich326
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
    > which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
    > into a router?

    I'm sure CEs can do it, but certainly, you could do it easily with PALMs
    when they shipped with serial sync cables. I'm sure all the newer ones
    come with USB ports so you may be out of luck.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Guest

    Thanks. Most PDA/PALMs screens are small but may be useful in a pinch
    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:40:18 GMT, Hansang Bae <> wrote:

    >In article <>, nich326
    >@hotmail.com says...
    >> Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
    >> which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
    >> into a router?

    >I'm sure CEs can do it, but certainly, you could do it easily with PALMs
    >when they shipped with serial sync cables. I'm sure all the newer ones
    >come with USB ports so you may be out of luck.
    , Nov 30, 2004
  4. no one Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
    > which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
    > into a router?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    If they still sold them in the US, I would say the Sharp Zaurus 5600
    or 6000 series. They run Linux, have CF and SD slots and I have run
    SSH, telnet, VNC (server and client), packet sniffers, etc. on mine
    (SL-5500).

    Sharp stopped selling Linux based PDAs in the US earlier this year but
    they still sell them in Japan and you may be able to find a used one
    on ebay.
    no one, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Ben Guest

    no one wrote:
    > wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
    >>which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
    >>into a router?
    >>
    >>Thanks in Advance

    > If they still sold them in the US, I would say the Sharp Zaurus 5600
    > or 6000 series. They run Linux, have CF and SD slots and I have run
    > SSH, telnet, VNC (server and client), packet sniffers, etc. on mine
    > (SL-5500).
    >
    > Sharp stopped selling Linux based PDAs in the US earlier this year but
    > they still sell them in Japan and you may be able to find a used one
    > on ebay.

    I'll be amazed if there's not a linux variant for just about any PDA.
    I've got a 2.6 kernel running on my fridge now!
    Ben, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Guest

    Thanks! The Sharps look awesome. I didn't know they existed.
    On 30 Nov 2004 17:42:17 -0800, (no one) wrote:

    > wrote in message news:<>...
    >> Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
    >> which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
    >> into a router?
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance

    >If they still sold them in the US, I would say the Sharp Zaurus 5600
    >or 6000 series. They run Linux, have CF and SD slots and I have run
    >SSH, telnet, VNC (server and client), packet sniffers, etc. on mine
    >(SL-5500).
    >
    >Sharp stopped selling Linux based PDAs in the US earlier this year but
    >they still sell them in Japan and you may be able to find a used one
    >on ebay.
    , Dec 1, 2004