    to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
    account details in

    >, Jun 22, 2006

  2. >

    alex Guest

    ><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((>< wrote:
    > Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
    > to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
    > account details in

    http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=Products&smenu=PPC + a few others
    that Google throws up

    alex

    alex, Jun 22, 2006

  3. >

    Adrian Fesel Guest

    ><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((>< schrieb:
    > Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
    > to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
    > account details in

    Google for SJphone

    Adrian Fesel, Jun 26, 2006
  4. >

    mattpark Guest

    I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... al
    in all a pretty good piece of kit

    --
    mattpark

    mattpark, Jun 27, 2006
  5. >

    Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:52 +0100, mattpark
    <> wrote:

    >I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all
    >in all a pretty good piece of kit!

    Are you still running WM2003? On my HX4700, I'm using WM5 and I
    couldn't find anything except the beta of SJ Phone, which is fine
    except that the "answer call" link doesn't work, so I mapped it to a
    button and it's fine like that.

    , Jun 27, 2006
  6. >

    mattpark Guest

    Wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:52 +0100, mattpark
    > wrote:
    > -
    > I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all
    > in all a pretty good piece of kit!-
    >
    > Are you still running WM2003? On my HX4700, I'm using WM5 and I
    > couldn't find anything except the beta of SJ Phone, which is fine
    > except that the "answer call" link doesn't work, so I mapped it to a
    > button and it's fine like that.

    I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release
    WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow
    too buggy, too many freezes.

    So im back on 2003, i never tried the Xtens on WM5, is it supposed t
    be supported

    --
    mattpark

    mattpark, Jun 29, 2006
  7. >

    Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:35:38 +0100, mattpark
    <> wrote:

    >I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a
    >WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow,
    >too buggy, too many freezes.

    There are a couple of hacks you need to do to make it work properly,
    related to the filesys process. Without that, it is unusably slow.
    With it, it's a dream. The HX4700 was designed for WM5. One day, HP
    will release a version that doesn't need hacks.

    , Jun 29, 2006
  8. >

    Lee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:35:38 +0100, mattpark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a
    >>WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow,
    >>too buggy, too many freezes.

    > There are a couple of hacks you need to do to make it work properly,
    > related to the filesys process. Without that, it is unusably slow.
    > With it, it's a dream. The HX4700 was designed for WM5. One day, HP
    > will release a version that doesn't need hacks.

    Hello - where can I find those hacks. Are they relevent to any WM5 machine
    [I have an Xda Exec] or only the HX4700?

    Thanks

    Lee, Jul 4, 2006
  9. >

    Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:05:54 +0100, "Lee" <> wrote:

    >Hello - where can I find those hacks.

    Google for hx4700 wm5 filesys hack

    and you should find lots of results.

    >Are they relevent to any WM5 machine
    >[I have an Xda Exec] or only the HX4700?

    I don't know. It's to do with whether cluster sizes are 4k (as HP made
    them) or 512bytes (as they should be)

    , Jul 4, 2006
  10. >

    Lee Guest