    people. I am having problem now that my pictures are not looking
    good. Is this bad idea?

    Laszlo Plook.
    Laszlo Plook, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Laszlo Plook

    Good Man Guest

    (Laszlo Plook) wrote in news:7af5617a.0401141617.b735b5
    @posting.google.com:

    > Greeting. I am pouting PDA protector like for my palm pilot onto my
    > sensor for digital rebel so not to have cleening problem like all
    > people. I am having problem now that my pictures are not looking
    > good. Is this bad idea?

    the actual sensor!??!?!?!?!????!
    Good Man, Jan 15, 2004

  3. "Good Man" <> wrote in message
    > (Laszlo Plook) wrote in news:7af5617a.0401141617.b735b5
    > @posting.google.com:
    >
    > > Greeting. I am pouting PDA protector like for my palm pilot onto my
    > > sensor for digital rebel so not to have cleening problem like all
    > > people. I am having problem now that my pictures are not looking
    > > good. Is this bad idea?

    > the actual sensor!??!?!?!?!????!

    Probably they meant the lens, still isn't a good use for that, though.

    Now, supposedly there actually exists, in one form or another, Digital
    Camera LCD Protectors; however, they would be for the LCD and not the actual
    camera lens.

    I haven't found them yet, though, so I've just cut the PDA protectors
    (specifially the Fellowes WriteRight brand) to fit the LCD display.

    As a side effect, what I've found when using one of these PDA protectors to
    fit the LCD is that they tend to give the LCD a sharper, yet more pixellated
    appearance.

    If the same protector was used on the lens--bad idea, because then the
    camera is taking more pixellated photos, and the resolution of the PDA
    protectors is optimized for the rather large pixel size of most PDA's.
    Daniel W. Rouse Jr., Jan 15, 2004
  4. Laszlo Plook

    YoYo Guest

    Laszlo Plook <> wrote in message
    > Greeting. I am pouting PDA protector like for my palm pilot onto my
    > sensor for digital rebel so not to have cleening problem like all
    > people. I am having problem now that my pictures are not looking
    > good. Is this bad idea?
    >
    > Laszlo Plook.

    Yes it is a very bad idea if you covered the sensor with a pda protector!
    If you did cover the cmos sensor then you have probably damange it, or
    created quite a difficult if not impossible sensor cleaning job ( I hope for
    your sake you didn't do the sensor! ) If you meant the lcd screen then it
    was an OK idea!
    YoYo, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Laszlo Plook

    Laszlo Plook Guest

    "YoYo" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Laszlo Plook <> wrote in message
    > > Greeting. I am pouting PDA protector like for my palm pilot onto my
    > > sensor for digital rebel so not to have cleening problem like all
    > > people. I am having problem now that my pictures are not looking
    > > good. Is this bad idea?
    > >
    > > Laszlo Plook.

    > Yes it is a very bad idea if you covered the sensor with a pda protector!
    > If you did cover the cmos sensor then you have probably damange it, or
    > created quite a difficult if not impossible sensor cleaning job ( I hope for
    > your sake you didn't do the sensor! ) If you meant the lcd screen then it
    > was an OK idea!

    I use "goo-gone" and is now exemplary fine thank you for help all.
    Laszlo Plook, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Laszlo Plook

    jriegle Guest

    Bad idea. The plastic has no anti reflective (AR) coating, may not lay flat
    and cause distortions due to this and because it may not be of uniform
    thickness to a very fine tolerance. Even if it didn't cause problems, dust
    will still collect and you will have to change it.

    The sensor has a flat glass cover with an AR coating that protects the color
    filter array as well as the sensor itself. The cover glass may incorporate
    and IR filter as well. While you should be very gentle when cleaning it (as
    with a lens), it is not as delicate as people make it out to be.

    John

    jriegle, Jan 16, 2004