    Under My Computer - Properties - Remote there is no box allowing remote
    users. Is this a feature of xp professional? Or I have I not set someting up?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. XP Home can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host...

    You either need to upgrade to XP Pro or look at an alternative like VNC (any flavor). Personally I
    like/use/recommend UltraVNC.

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    PocketPC VNC clients...

    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~midgley/wince/vnc.html
    http://www.allware.com.mx/

    I have not used this one...

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128549

    Of course this presumes you can get an IP via the BT link. I don't do BT, but you might look at the
    Geekzone BT Guides for help with that issue...

    You also might consider configuring the VNC server so the desktop wallpaper is not rendered while in
    the VNC session. That should speed up the link. Its been my experience that VNC is pretty slow over
    an 802.11b wireless link to a PocketPC. TSC and Remote Desktop, on the other hand, is pretty fast...
    As always, YMMV...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 17, 2005

  3. Thanks!

    I tried (finally) the pda version from Sourceforge.net as I could only get
    this one to work. It needs the very latest UltraVNC (20.5) to link to,
    otherwise an error occurs (known problem with earlier versions).

    Problem solved!

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?=, Jun 21, 2005