    other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
    guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
    being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

    Ed Mullikin, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Ed Mullikin

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Ed Mullikin wrote:

    > I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
    > to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
    > zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
    > without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
    > can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
    > other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
    > guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
    > being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

    Hi...

    Whack! Whack! :)

    Now, with that out of the way, you can get a
    trial copy of a pcx > almost anything converter here:

    http://www.gold-software.com/abc.shtml

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Ed Mullikin

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:54:24 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ed Mullikin"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
    >to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
    >zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
    >without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
    >can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
    >other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
    >guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
    >being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

    Irfanview will allow you to view and or convert. One of the best free utils
    around.
    http://www.irfanview.com

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Dec 11, 2004
  4. Ed Mullikin

    Ross Guest

    This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
    necessarily a solution.

    Why not try the MS NG site:

    news.microsoft.com

    and find the relative group about MS WORD and ask your question?

    This Usenet site is run by MS (but not necessarily monitored) and deals with
    all issues relating to MS software.

    In fact if you want to contact MS about any software they sell using this
    Usenet - forget it! They're not listening.

    Ross

    Ross, Dec 11, 2004
  5. Ed Mullikin

    RSD99 Guest

    First:
    Get IrfanView.
    http://www.irfanview.com

    Second:
    It sounds like the Word Import Filter for PCX is somehow damaged or
    missing. Get out your MS Office disk(s), and reload all of your import
    filters.

    RSD99, Dec 11, 2004
  6. Ed Mullikin

    Crownfield Guest

    Ross wrote:

    > This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
    > necessarily a solution.

    Thumbs plus, paint shop pro both handle most formats,
    including pcx files.

    Crownfield, Dec 12, 2004
  7. Ed Mullikin

    Alan Meyer Guest

    "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote in message news:Bjtud.3328$jn.210@lakeread06...
    >I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
    > to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
    > zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
    > without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
    > can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
    > other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
    > guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
    > being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

    Word is far from being the best program for viewing images, including
    PCX images. I agree with others that Irfanview - a free program, is
    far superior.

    You may be able to view them in Irfanview and then use clipboard
    cut and paste to put them into Word documents.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Dec 12, 2004