PCMCIA Wireless Card Not Working

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by icarus.agenda@gmail.com, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am hoping somoene can help me solve the riddle behind this issue...

    I have an IBM (Lenovo) T41 Laptop running XP Pro... I have a Wireless
    LAN setup as part of my home network, I have two other laptops that
    connect to the network via WiFi. Both are T42's, both have internal
    miniPCI cards connecting to Linksys Wireless Router/ MS base station
    Access Point.

    My problem is with my T41... I am using a Microsoft Wireless MN-520
    card, this slots into on my T41's PCMCIA. I have not had any issues
    with either the laptop or the card before. As of yesterday the
    following is occurring.

    1. The card no longer has any active lights blinking (the Power/Signal
    lights)
    2. The card however is still detected within device manager as enabled/
    without fault
    3. Though device manager gives status as OK, the wireless network
    connection has dissapeared - Windows Zero Config is started but doesn't
    initialize - Network connections doesn't list any wireless connections.
    4. Every once in a while plugging the card in starts the new hardware
    wizard.

    My confusion lies in the fact if it is the PCMCIA slots then why does
    device manager pick up the card... If it is the card then it wouldn't
    be picked up in device manager....... If it is a XP issue then I am
    dumbfounded as to what the issue is exactly.

    Any advice would be seriously appreciated.....

    , Apr 3, 2006

  2. Pavel A. Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > My confusion lies in the fact if it is the PCMCIA slots then why does
    > device manager pick up the card... If it is the card then it wouldn't
    > be picked up in device manager...

    Perhaps the radio part of the card is fried but the pcmcia interface is good.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Apr 3, 2006