  1. anyone know where I can buy a PC Card faceplate for the front of my, I'm
    guessing they come with a converter that plugs into a PCI slot

    Thanks
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Olson Johnson, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Nathan wrote:

    > anyone know where I can buy a PC Card faceplate for the front of my, I'm
    > guessing they come with a converter that plugs into a PCI slot

    Ive been looking at these, and the ones that come with the faceplate are the old
    pcmcia ones, cardbus ones only support the card out the back method due to
    signaling length.

    You dont want to get pcmcia, hardly any cards nowdays support it (They are all
    32 bit) and it is so slow for things like LAN etc its not funny. If its for
    reading media cards, then get an external USB2 reader, much faster then what
    amounts to an ISA bus.
    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Olson Johnson <> writes:

    >On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 00:45:04 +1300, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    >> anyone know where I can buy a PC Card faceplate for the front of my, I'm
    >> guessing they come with a converter that plugs into a PCI slot
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Ascent have them for 3.5" bay
    >http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=117323
    >http://www.verbatim.com.au/products/productdetail.cfm?ID=PCD220R

    Note that these are outrageously expensive direct from vendors, you can get
    them (still new) on ebay for as little as US$10.

    Peter.
    Peter Gutmann, Oct 7, 2003