    Adapters do? I see them in the Device Manager. Are they the same as PCMCIA
    cards? I used to use a plug-in PCMCIA card for my old laptop and could
    connect to the school wireless network. Can these PCMCIA adapters do the same?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhvbmc=?=, Mar 10, 2005

  2. The Adapters you are talking about at the PCMCIA Card Slots them selfs in the
    most simple term... Long way around ... it's the chipset that controls the
    card slot. They have no functionality of there own but if you stuck your old
    PCMCIA card in one you should be able to get on that wireless network with it
    just the same ...

    Geoff "Makyver"

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFreXZlcg==?=, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Yes. You can purchase a wireless network adapter cardbus PCMCIA adapter.
    There are many to choose from. I recommend BELKIN, NETGEAR, or AIRLINK101 or
    any other maker that includes the Atheros Super-G chipset which is becomming
    the Wi-Fi defacto standard.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZW9jYW1wbw==?=, Mar 11, 2005